Pirelli P4 Four Seasons Plus - 2015 Camry LE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took advantage of an amazing Pirelli sale at Sam's Club last weekend. All Pirelli tires had an instant $80 savings and $60 installation credit for a total of $140 instant savings. I picked up a set of P4 Four Seasons Plus, installed for $290 (out the door). Hard to pass on this sale. These tires replaced the OEM Firestone Affinity Touring S4 FF, which is an OK tire designed for fuel economy. Any tire is going to be an improvement.

The first impression is a very quiet ride. Car seems more composed especially at highway speed. Based on my commute, fuel economy is about the same as the old tires. We'll see how they handle rain/snow and how well they wear.

I've been eyeing them up and they seem like a VERY solid tire.
If I were in the market, they would be at the top of my list
thumbsup2.gif

Great price on a great tire. I have them on one car going on 8 yrs now and still no cracking but I should change them soon anyway.
The P7 all season plus are on another and they are good in snow and rain. Both are better than the over rated and over priced Michelin.

put a set on my neon a couple years before i sold it, fantastic tires, handled anything mother nature threw at me with zero issues. The review that sold me on them was from a guy in Mi, that never felt the need to switch over to snow tires after he put p4's on his Neon.

the ONLY reason Pirelli is't still on my short list, is that they were bought by a Chinese(state owned) chemical conglomerate.
if that sale hadn't happened, I would have just automatically replaced the P6's on my Sable with another set.

Instead, it got Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring's which are just as great.

I was going to go with the P4's for my wife's 2009 Sienna.
Then I saw this road test by Tire Rack.....
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/chartDisplay.jsp?ttid=228

I didn't care about snow traction, since she has snow tires. But the wet traction sucks?
Anyway, just to be clear, those who have had good wet traction with your P4's, did you get the original or do you have the newer P4 Plus?

This tire rack comparison is with the plus.

As of right now I plan to put on Continental True Contacts for her.

I had the old p4s on my civic and they were the best all seasons I have ever run, To bad they don't make them anymore in 14x6

Originally Posted By: Iowegian

I didn't care about snow traction, since she has snow tires. But the wet traction sucks?
Anyway, just to be clear, those who have had good wet traction with your P4's, did you get the original or do you have the newer P4 Plus?

Huh. My Passat and A4 both came with P4+ and i never thought they did badly in the rain and i observed they did very well in the snow. Ive heard there is a trade off btwn wet/snow performance so this may be true. However i drive a lot, most years well over 30k and never gave their wet performance a second thought although when it is raining i slow down.
Ive also had the true contacts and they did terrible in the snow but otherwise were a great tire that i got 60k out of a 55k rated tire. One down side of the true contact, at least on the Honda, they where horribly loud on anything other than smooth asphalt.

Originally Posted By: Iowegian

well, as i said in the post just above that one, they handled pretty much everything nature threw at me without batting an eye...

i honestly don't remember if they were the plus model or not... had to be back around 2012...

I suppose I could find out easily enough though... they are still on the car, parked at my buddy's place. it's now his Little bro's car, kid's off in the army.( he was told he could be sent to Korea at "anytime after the Olympics")...

funny story, Kid's currently at Fort Hood, and last fall(shortly after thanksgiving) his brother drove down with a Firebird their mom had purchased, and she was loaning it to her Youngest to use on base. last I heard, Little Bro said that the firebird is a Piece of [censored], and he wants his(my old)Neon.

Yeah.
a 22yr old,Red Blooded American Male, in the Army, Would rather drive a 2005 Neon SXT(2.0lNA,4speed slushbox), than the 97 Firebird(LT1, slushbox) he currently has.
that neon is a fun little car to throw around corners....

Well, I bought a set of P4 Plus tires for the newer Accord based upon both an exceptional price offered in an email from Belle Tire's treaddepot channel as well as an MIR.
These tires are also very highly rated for wet and snow traction by CR, who I tend to trust over TR, since CR doesn't sell tires and also offer very long treadwear.
I have found these tires to be very good in the wet, including through visible standing water and also in winter conditions.
Pirelli may be the new Michelin, offering all of the performance at a much lower price point.
At around 30K, they're wearing very well and I'm very happy with them.

Hopefully they prove to be a good tyre.

I have not had Pirelli tyres on a car since the P6000 on my old mk3 Mondeo.

They were truly rubbish.

The caveat with that comment is that I have driven a work Range Rover Sport with Pirelli Scorpions and they were vwry good, though not All Season so I don't know why they thought they were a good idea on a Range Rover.

I have them on my elantra now, they have been great!!! Much much better than the Michelin defenders. Good snow traction too. They are holding up well.

I can attest to the P4's being good in the snow in Western NY State winters.

And as far as wet traction compared to their competition, the P4's didn't do as well. However in my experience they're one of the best tires I've owned in the wet, snow/ice and overall stability.

They just have a feeling about them and I loved the way my steering felt as well as general cornering. I've pushed my cars harder(I can't define harder, it's subjective) than I would normally with the P4's and P7's even though they don't show to do as well in the wet. It's nothing I've ever noticed.
smile.gif

I have always felt in control & confident with Pirelli P4's & P7's.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JamesBond
I don't see the $60 install credit on the website, is this deal still active?

It was only for the weekend of March 3rd and 4th. I stumbled on it only because I was at Sam's Club to buy other things. The $80 instant savings is everyday.

I've been through two sets of the P4's on my CR-V that were purchased at Sam's Club. The first set lasted 40K miles with replacement @ 4/32" in very rough service that involved a lot of city miles and gravel. By comparison, in the same service conditions, a set of Dunlop Signature II's lasted a whopping 15K before they became undrivable on anything but dry, smooth roads. The P4's are simply the best all-around all-season tire I have ever had on a vehicle. Only bad thing about them is they seem to have a very narrow range of pressure where you get the right balance of ride quality and handling, and they don't like being over-inflated for max fuel economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back