Fram built Honda A02 filter 10% OLM 15 Odyssey cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got around to cutting open this filter off of a coworkers wife's 2015 Honda Odyssey van with 27,000 miles on it. The vehicle was last serviced by the Honda dealership with an unknown oil and thiss filter down to 10% on the IOLM. ADBV was Inc and flexible and the filter was still ful of oil even after sitting for a week to drain. Nothing much to see here. Of note there was significantly less carbon in the filter compared to his 2016 Pilot with DI that I serviced about a month ago. A PH7317 and 5 quarts of Napa Synthetic went back in and on.

Originally Posted By: deven
Do you know how many miles it was run?

No I don't but the owners best guess was between 7,500-8,500 miles.

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
Looks like a higher number of holes in the center tube than Fram brand oil filters. Interesting.

I count the same between A02, TG, EG.

Where my examples are concerned it has one more pleat than the TG and 12 more than the EG. It does have a metal seam clamp not seen in the others.

This filter was probably supposed to go another OCI by the MM though I understand most folks don’t follow that.

This filter looks quite good, would be be interesting to know the exact mileage which should be available from receipts.

Thank You for the cut open and post

Was the end cap as well centered on the adbv side as the bypass side shown? My TG was not so nice and there was a problem at that end cap. Maybe Honda gets better QC as well as their own specs.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
Was the end cap as well centered on the adbv side as the bypass side shown? My TG was not so nice and there was a problem at that end cap. Maybe Honda gets better QC as well as their own specs.

What problem? pics?

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Originally Posted By: goodtimes

What problem? pics?

The problem of an off center end cap, allowing shards of glue to enter the engine. Another glue shard was on the baseplate, probably from when I removed the base up filter, as oil gushes out of the gallery. The pictured glue shard was loose, hanging on the center tube. No TG for me ever, or EG. They can keep them. Not going to argue or listen to all the probable comments making excuses for them. As far as I am concerned the fiber end cap center tube construction interface they use is garbage. The Ultra only, if any Fram, much better seals and construction. Now you see why I asked the question.

Originally Posted By: andrewp1998
Looks so cheap. Go with the A01 made by filtech which is made more sturdy!

Talk to the dealership they're the ones who installed this A02. I replaced it with an Orange version of the A02, also known as the PH7317.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
What a coincidence. That "glue shard" looks just like part of the can. ...
That glue just happens to be the same color as the exterior paint? Ha-ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back