AC Delco PF35 off 1976 350 SBC in K10 truck cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off my 1976 K10 Chevy truck with a 350 4bbl. In service for 2 years and a little shy of 2,000 miles. First oil change since I had the oil pan off to install a new oil pump due to a weak bypass spring in the factory pump bearings looked good when i had the pan off. Engine isn't rebuilt but is not original to the truck however it is from a 1976 passenger car according to the stamped pad on the block. Truck sits a lot due to other commitments and not being my daily driver.

Found some carbon as shown in the pleats and some gunk settled out on the bottom of the can but nothing ferrous or scary looking.

Oil in use was Mobil Delvac 1300 15w40. Napa 15w40 and another PF35 went back in and on. Enjoy.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Looks really good for a carbureted SB filter-need some truck pix too, most of those ('73-'79 GM pickups) here went to the shredder long ago.

I will have to take a few pictures of the truck to share the next time I take it out. It's a nice clean rust free example from out west purchased from the original owners out of Utah. I was pleased with how nice the filter looked and the light carbon in the pleats didn't scare me a bit.

FlyNavyP3 - I am impressed with how well the filter and oil performed over the OCI. I was curious why you used the HDEO and if this may be part of the great outcome?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back