2018 Ford EcoSports arriving at dealerships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the first two Ford EcoSquirts that arrived at the local dealership.

The stickers on the windshield showed that they sailed from Chennai, India on Christmas Day on the vessel Grand Aurora, and they just arrived at the dealership this past week. That was one long and slow trip from India to Illinois.

The dealer had two, on both ends of the spectrum. One was completely a base model white S, no options at all, at $21,000. The other one was a fully loaded ruby red Titanium that stickered at nearly $29,000.

I'm not sure who would pay $29,000 for something that small... but sitting nearby was a $67,000 F-150, so I suppose it'll only take one sucker to prove me wrong.

A little surprised that Ford is so late to the party, with a sub-cute-ute. The styling made it instantly recognizable as a Ford. Not sure how well that a 1.0 liter 3 cylinder is going to push it through the air. I have to laugh that my motorcycle has twice the cylinders, and nearly twice the displacement as well. (6 cylinders and 1.8 liters).

Another thing is the slow infiltration of cars into this country, from new regions of the world. Namely, these from India... and the Buick Envision from China.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
A little surprised that Ford is so late to the party.

Probably not a bad thing for Ford since there's little demand for small vehicles right now. I can't believe it only gets 29mpg on the highway. I'm seeing low 20k's for one.

My god those are ugly. They look like a bulldog with a smooshed face, like they ran into a wall.

And it's 1.0L engine doesn't get any better mpg than an Escape that has a 2.5L.

And looking at Autotrader it looks like they can be had for $17.5k while an Escape is $19k. I wouldn't want to be in a penalty box for just a little bit less $$$

They are very popular in Mexico. THose and the VW Crossfox compete in the same segment. Both are very rugged. They are designed for the bad streets and no-roads of these countries. Of course, we Americans don't need vehicles such as these, but Ford needs to compete against the Juke and the Soul.

I like this segment. You can fit 4 people in them comfortably, the ride height is decent and you can fold the back seats down and haul bulky cargo.

A lot of parts are on backorder. Not big news with Ford lately, but if someone buys one I hope they don't get into an accident that required a bumper or fenders for the next few months.

The stickers on the windshield showed that they sailed from Chennai, India on Christmas Day on the vessel Grand Aurora, and they just arrived at the dealership this past week. That was one long and slow trip from India to Illinois.

Another thing is the slow infiltration of cars into this country, from new regions of the world. Namely, these from India... and the Buick Envision from China.

Yuck. Hope this is boycotted.

but sitting nearby was a $67,000 F-150

Sigh............. we live in sad times.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
but sitting nearby was a $67,000 F-150

Sigh............. we live in sad times.

People will still buy that F-150 even if it's in a really nice BMW or Benz price range.

Haven't seen one in person yet, only photos on the net. I don't believe I would buy one. Don't see the value unless it was priced well 17K. Looks cheap and I'd be really curious how comfortable the front seats are on a long drive. There are better choices...IMO.

I find the EcoSport to be downright ugly. No doubt significant changes will be made on the first refresh. Chevy did the same thing with the awful looking 1st Gen Trax.

Plus, from the photo's at least, the interior looks dreadful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back