BMW 15W50 full synthetic=RIPOFF!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2004 Triumph Speed Triple 955cc water-cooled triple with wet clutch and trans sharing common oil supply.The manual clearly states to chang the original factory oil at 500 miles and that a full synthetic 15W50 only is recommended.I purchased the BMW 15W50 full synthetic oil at $7.50 a quart.It is labled as being made by Golden Spectro for BMW motorcycles.I immediately noticed that the bike became harder to shift after reaching operating temperature and that I experienced three false neutrals in the space of only a 15 mile ride yesterday.The oil only has 250 miles on it now.The bike has only 750 total miles on it but it shifted great on the break-in oil from the factory.I emailed customer service at Golden Spectro and they recommend that I drain this oil and use their Spectro 15w50 full synth.They said that even though this oil that I am using states Spectro as the manufacturer in small print on the silver bottle's label that it is in fact made by Valvoline or Castrol.Castrol "synthetic" is not a genuine synthetic-just marketing crap-I do not believe that Valvoline "synth" is any better.I am very disappointed that I shelled out $40 for this very average lube.Do Not Let This Happen To You !!
mad.gif

Sounds like they are feeding you a line of BS to me. Why would they allow their name to be put on something that had Valvoline or Castrol in it?

My question exactly.I am frankly very surprised that he emailed this info to me.I am not making this up.Someone had to be making some $$$ on this deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back