motorcraft 0W-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what kind of car? I used it about a year and a half ago and had a uoa done.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4204467/MC_0w20_syn-blend,_9500_miles,#Post4204467

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
Originally Posted By: doublebase
I always thought Motorcraft synthetic blend had a pretty robust additive package? I was surprised to see it so weak...I'll have to check Motorcraft off my list of oils to buy.

Don't conflate this particular oil with the entire lineup; it's formulated specifically, and only recommended for, the 2.0L Atkinson-cycle cars (Fusion Hybrid, MKZ Hybrid, C-Max).

Maximizing efficiency in a new engine design, and minimizing wear (BiTOG standards here...) in a 10+ year old, timing-chain equipped 1ZZ-FE are different formulation considerations.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
For what kind of car? I used it about a year and a half ago and had a uoa done.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4204467/MC_0w20_syn-blend,_9500_miles,#Post4204467

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
Originally Posted By: doublebase
I always thought Motorcraft synthetic blend had a pretty robust additive package? I was surprised to see it so weak...I'll have to check Motorcraft off my list of oils to buy.

Don't conflate this particular oil with the entire lineup; it's formulated specifically, and only recommended for, the 2.0L Atkinson-cycle cars (Fusion Hybrid, MKZ Hybrid, C-Max).

Maximizing efficiency in a new engine design, and minimizing wear (BiTOG standards here...) in a 10+ year old, timing-chain equipped 1ZZ-FE are different formulation considerations.

Being first & last owners of all my vehicles, I would never use a semi-synthetic 0W-20 for 9.5K, on a vehicle that was 12 years-old. Your Blackstone report was just so-so.

^ Mostly all hwy miles over 5 months. Car sees a lot less miles now. Per my sig using conv with 5k oci's.

those places used bottled oil? I thought thy poured it from a drum
crazy2.gif

It went into my wife's 2017 Subaru Impreza sport. Nice car but to low to the ground for me. She didn't get the "works" so I had to rotate the tires and found 4 nails in 2 tires. It'll be nice when they finish building in our neighborhood.

I was going to change it with Mobil 1 0w-20. The bottle is sitting onto of the box but she wanted them to do it so it gets what it gets.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
those places used bottled oil? I thought thy poured it from a drum
crazy2.gif

Not all places carry it in bulk. We do but not many vehicles call for it yet, mostly just hybrids.

Originally Posted By: Cup of Joe
It went into my wife's 2017 Subaru Impreza sport. Nice car but to low to the ground for me. She didn't get the "works" so I had to rotate the tires and found 4 nails in 2 tires. It'll be nice when they finish building in our neighborhood.

I was going to change it with Mobil 1 0w-20. The bottle is sitting onto of the box but she wanted them to do it so it gets what it gets.

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Cup of Joe
My wife got an oil change yesterday and they gave us the rest of 1 quart.

Gotta be the same as hondas's semi-syn, both made by Conoco Phillips 66! I've used it for the first two OCIs but I am tempted to try this at some point.

Last edited:
“Gotta be the same as hondas's semi-syn, both made by Conoco Phillips 66! I've used it for the first two OCIs but I am tempted to try this at some point.”

I think you already have.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
“Gotta be the same as hondas's semi-syn, both made by Conoco Phillips 66! I've used it for the first two OCIs but I am tempted to try this at some point.”

I think you already have.

Yes, Yes. The receipt says FULL SYNTHETIC though so you never know. I called them and they say it is P66 drums with full syn. This is good sht dawg! And the verdict on this "Full Syn" honda 0w-20 is it is pretty good. But I think I can improve with the Idemitsu 0w-20. I got 38 quarts on deck! Fram ultra for synthetic on synthetic "crime"!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
That's the first 0W oil I've seen that isn't a full synthetic.
I think Honda has a 0w20 synblend at their dealers, but I don't know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back