IndyCar-St. Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, new IndyCar season!

Wait, what?!? It says it’s live but the radio broadcast started an hour ago. [censored]?

Oh well, just avoid the radio and watch the TV broadcast. Wait, what?!? It’s on ABC? Oh no, don’t tell me.....

ANOTHER YEAR OF SCOTT GOODYEAR AND EDDIE CHEEVER! Noooooooooooo................I can’t even turn the sound off and listen to the radio because they’re an hour ahead. Argggggggggg.....

Oh well, the race is starting....wait, what? Will Power does one of his patented [censored] moves and spins in the second corner? I thought all the rookies were going to be the problem. Wait, what?!! Kanaan spins on lap one?

Good Lord, it’s going to be a long year.

ABC whiffs on a restart airing a commercial instead. Oh, boy.

Last edited:
The radio is streaming about 1/2 second behind the TV on indycar.com. ABC only has this race, the Indy races, and Detroit. It is nice hearing Alan Bestwick at least.

What a mess. A field full of drivers who can’t drive. A TV broadcast that’s a joke. Nothing like a commercial during a restart!

I’m depressed. This is embarrassing for IndyCar.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Indydriver
What a mess. A field full of drivers who can’t drive. A TV broadcast that’s a joke. Nothing like a commercial during a restart!

I’m depressed. This is embarrassing for IndyCar.

Well, I guess you can fall back on the excitement and competitiveness of Nacar or F1. So be my guest and do so.

Originally Posted By: IndyFan
Well, I guess you can fall back on the excitement and competitiveness of Nacar or F1. So be my guest and do so.

No one is a bigger fan of IndyCar than I. I went to my first Indy 500 in 1966 and I’ve been to at least the last 35+ consecutive races and I’ll be in my seat again this year. Hopes were high going into this season with the new car and all. Whether or not you like NASCAR and F1 styles of racing, you’ve at least got to give them both credit for excellent coverage and really good professional announce teams. IndyCar’s shows on ABC are a joke and they deserve to be criticized. I do so in the fervent hope they will get better, which only comes with a wholesale move away from ABC which frankly, has no interest in investing in their racing production.

But, I will admit, right now, watching Tiger chase his first win in over five years is more exciting.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Indydriver
Originally Posted By: IndyFan

No one is a bigger fan of IndyCar than I. I went to my first Indy 500 in 1966 and I’ve been to at least the last 35+ consecutive races and I’ll be in my seat again this year. Hopes were high going into this season with the new car and all. Whether or not you like NASCAR and F1 styles of racing, you’ve at least got to give them both credit for excellent coverage and really good professional announce teams. IndyCar’s shows on ABC are a joke and they deserve to be criticized. I do so in the fervent hope they will get better, which only comes with a wholesale move away from ABC which frankly, has no interest in investing in their racing production.

But, I will admit, right now, watching Tiger chase his first win in over five years is more exciting.
Well, each to his own. I've been an Indycar fan for 45 years. I think this race has been very exciting, especially in the last 20 laps. We're about to have a shootout with about 6 laps to go! Great stuff! I'll watch Tiger when this is over. That's fun stuff, too!

Last edited:
As far as Bourdais winning, I am not a fan of his but I do like him if that makes sense. Back in Champ Car I was a steadfast Paul Tracy fan. It is nice to see such a small team do well.

I had no idea who Wickens was at the beginning of the race. He's been racing German touring cars for a number of years, and was in the Mercedes F1 driver development program. So it's not like he is coming out of nowhere, it's just that he's not well-known in North America. He's Canadian, and a good friend of team mate James Hinchcliffe. He was heading for victory until that last restart. I think that Rossi should have been penalized for avoidable contact.

Looked like this race was a practice for everyone. Drivers, announcers, and broadcasters.
Rossi should have been given a 60 second penalty for that dive bomb move. Raise your hand if you knew it was going to happen and not work, ok thats everyone.
Didn't matter if they missed a restart, there were more than enough to go around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back