2011 Cadillac SRX 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on which oil to go with? Girlfriend’s vehicle with almost 70K miles... 6 qt. sump... specs 5W-30 dexos. Seems to use a qt. of oil sometime during OCI. She changes it per the OLM.

Had been changing oil at the dealer. I changed it the last couple times using Mobil 0W-30 AFE and PP 5W-30 and still uses a qt. I’m guessing this is pretty normal usage, but would like to find if a particular brand would cut consumption. Just changed using Magnatec, but thought maybe a HM oil might help?

Any perspectives would be appreciated.

How long and how many miles between oil changes? Maybe a high mileage would help but it could take a couple of oil changes to tell. I’m not sure if this vehicle/engine burns oil. Let’s see how the Magnatec works.

Wife had one. With typical-use short trips it was a monster big fuel diluter. Typically reached over 5% in a few hundred miles. Would not evaporate down to any significant degree with subsequent long trips. GM did not care. Should be some UOA's on here somewhere. If we still had it (ditched it as warranty was running out) I would be using a synthetic xW-40 and not going much over 5,000 miles between changes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back