Walmart now carries Chemical Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in Walmart today picking up a few things and decided to browse the detailing section. They now sell Chemical Guys stuff at $9 a bottle. The ones I remember seeing are leather conditioner,spray wax,and dash/interior conditioner-cleaner.

They've come such a long way.

I remember back when Poorboys World was the "first" on the detailing scene with those types of sprays/waxes/etc.

Then someone found CG existed and the rumors started flying that Poorboys World was just rebranded CG. This is back when CG was not really known and only carried a limited collection of basic stuff.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
I've never heard of CG's. Are their products supposed to be something special?

IMO no, for the most part their products are over-hyped boutique stuff. A couple of their washes are good, but I haven't found anything special.

Originally Posted By: Delta

IMO no, for the most part their products are over-hyped boutique stuff. A couple of their washes are good, but I haven't found anything special.

I feel the same way.

AFAIK, Chemical Guys is just a branding company; they don't formulate their own products, and most of what they do have is overhyped by people that don't really know better.

Some of the CG products are pretty good. Their hybrid V07 detailer gets rave reviews. Most of their stuff is made by other companies and rebranded.

I was tempted to buy the leather conditioner,but I've been satisfied with the Mr Leather.

They cater to hobbyists accustomed to mail order.

I've never had anything bad from them. The "Black on Black" spray for vinyl trim is real good.

Nothing else I can think of stands out as really peerless. Most of the time there's something either a little better or a little cheaper.

I have their "Butter Wet" wax I am going to try in the spring/summer, and their dark gray applicator sponges are pretty good, having used them to apply the Wolfgang 3.0 Sealant before this winter.

Originally Posted By: jimbrewer

They cater to hobbyists accustomed to mail order.

I've never had anything bad from them. The "Black on Black" spray for vinyl trim is real good.

Nothing else I can think of stands out as really peerless. Most of the time there's something either a little better or a little cheaper.

their clay is fine.

where i think they have a decent niche is soap, if you want to lay out the $$$ for it--honeydew and glossworkz are great.

I use CG Jet Seal. It is easy to use and has amazing shine. Reviews are good on this product as well.

^ I hope so since it's $16.97 per bottle.
smile.gif

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Chemical-Guys-Citrus-Car-Wash-Clear-64-oz/936644750

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
^ I hope so since it's $16.97 per bottle.
smile.gif

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Chemical-Guys-Citrus-Car-Wash-Clear-64-oz/936644750

Was watching an online review and it looked like the suds didn't last long at all. Also claimed it wasn't slick feeling at all. I'll keep using my Meguiars Hyper Wash which is used at 1oz per 5 gal and I use the same 1oz in my foam lance. Plenty of lubrication and foam.

I have never used their products before. However, I picked up some Synthetic Quick Detailer today and tried it on my 2016 Scat Pack (has never been washed since I owned it). I just use a California Duster to remove the pollen/dust and then use detailer followed by a coat of Liquid Glass. Got to admit the Quick Detailer did a great job.

Originally Posted By: SilverSnake
I have never used their products before. However, I picked up some Synthetic Quick Detailer today and tried it on my 2016 Scat Pack (has never been washed since I owned it). I just use a California Duster to remove the pollen/dust and then use detailer followed by a coat of Liquid Glass. Got to admit the Quick Detailer did a great job.

Since you haven't washed it, CG and a California Duster sound about right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back