New Mobil 1 Extended Performance High Mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
For schlitz n giggles I entered our caravan into the M1 oil finder prompts and they claimed not to offer anything that meets whatever spec that chrysler called for in 2002 on the ole 3.3 liter. Yet It sure seems to love mobil 1 when I find it cheap enough.

Originally Posted By: Soggydog
For schlitz n giggles I entered our caravan into the M1 oil finder prompts and they claimed not to offer anything that meets whatever spec that chrysler called for in 2002 on the ole 3.3 liter. Yet It sure seems to love mobil 1 when I find it cheap enough.

Oil specs are like the fleeting wind. Doesn't mean much.

All of these variants are just a play for shelf space, just like Tide or any other consumer product.

Why don't they get the DEXOS 1 GEN 2 license? You think Mobil would try to competed with the Valvoline Maxlife Full Synthetic.

They will need to obtain an API SN PLUS License when they come out in a few months, SOPUS is pushing their Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage is API SN PLUS ready as well as several other oils.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 03s
They will need to obtain an API SN PLUS License when they come out in a few months, SOPUS is pushing their Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage is API SN PLUS ready as well as several other oils.
It likely could be already. Mobil probably don't see the need to say that.

In this day & age , do we need Hi Mi oils . Its becoming hard for me me to use an API PCMO Especialy in Turbo Gdi powerplant . Thank God for A3 B3 oils . Thanks Mr Trav

Originally Posted By: LEADED
In this day & age , do we need Hi Mi oils .

Seriously. IDK why they really exist, other than as an additional revenue stream and an outlet to push heavier formulas in a given grade. Sell the seal conditioners and detergent boosters separately.

Originally Posted By: NO2
All of these variants are just a play for shelf space, just like Tide or any other consumer product.

Yep. Mobil is the master shelf cancer and redundant products, indeed just like P&Gs cancerous marketing strategy.

Originally Posted By: Bullwinkle007
I saw that today at Walmart

Was that when you saw the RP on sale?

What happened to that thread?

I've got a 2007 Tacoma with 198K that I bought new in 2007. It's only ever had M1 in the crankcase since I did the first oil change at 3000 miles. For about the last 110K, it's had M1-EP at approximately 8000-10,000 mile OCIs.

It uses no oil.

I have posted a few UOAs on the truck here.

I've been thinking about switching to this new M1-HM-EP for my next OCI (which will be a while; I just changed the oil), ever since I read about it on this thread.

Comparing the PDS between standard M1-EP and this new stuff, it doesn't look much different. Same HTHS, slightly thicker, slightly higher flash point.

Just wondering if the add pack would be worth the likely price hike. Also, I've never had so much as a check engine light. I do like the idea of more anti-wear, anti-pressure additives, but wonder if the likely increase in ZDDP could cause catalytic converter problems.

This engine has run so well over the years (it's my DD) that I hate to change anything.

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
I've got a 2007 Tacoma with 198K that I bought new in 2007. It's only ever had M1 in the crankcase since I did the first oil change at 3000 miles. For about the last 110K, it's had M1-EP at approximately 8000-10,000 mile OCIs.

It uses no oil.

I have posted a few UOAs on the truck here.

I've been thinking about switching to this new M1-HM-EP for my next OCI (which will be a while; I just changed the oil), ever since I read about it on this thread.

Comparing the PDS between standard M1-EP and this new stuff, it doesn't look much different. Same HTHS, slightly thicker, slightly higher flash point.

Just wondering if the add pack would be worth the likely price hike. Also, I've never had so much as a check engine light. I do like the idea of more anti-wear, anti-pressure additives, but wonder if the likely increase in ZDDP could cause catalytic converter problems.

This engine has run so well over the years (it's my DD) that I hate to change anything.

Don't. Why bloat the seals of a healthy engine? Just carry on with what you're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back