2018 Gen-2 3.5 Ecoboost F150 - ACEA A5/B5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I run Ford WSS-M2C937-A spec in my f-150 3.5 Ecoboost? Or any other ACEA A5/B5?
Like a Belgium/German Castrol 0W40? Any disadvantage over a PP 5W30?

Im running a custom tune and looking for added protection.

Currently running M1 0W30 AFE for the winter... looking forward to the next OCI coming spring time

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
M1 0w-40 or Castrol 0w-40 if you aren't concerned about the warranty.

Well, he's running a custom tune already.

I too, would pick a Euro 0W-40.

M1 0w-40 is what I would run if I had that engine. You’ve tuned it so warranty is pretty much out the window for engine stuff. 0w-40 will protect when you’re beating on it

Been running Castrol Edge 0w40 in my Gen 1 for over 70k miles ( currently at 114k miles) and the engine loves it. Good stout oil that can handle the rigors of an Ecoboost engine.
Recommended.

Synblend and Durablend are available in A5/B5, Also Redline 5w20 is aimed at Ford/Honda A5/B5 users.

My irrational phobia of anything below 3.5HTHS would ensure that I used only A3/B4 xW40 in my own ecoboosts.

Thug: I take it you are not concerned about intake valve deposits since a D2G2 oil is not being considered?

Does the Port Injection eliminate the total worry of deposits now?

Last edited:
Thugzy: Sorry to high jack your thread but I have a couple of questions similar.

Question 1. 2019 2.7L EB: Do you gents feel Magnatec 5W-30 is adequate or would Edge 0W-40 be a more logical choice with 5K-6K mile OCI?

Question 2. 2017 2.0L EB: Does this motor NEED a Dexos1 Gen2 oil? or is Magnatec 5W-30 a smart choice?
With this motor I would honestly like to avoid all the intake valve deposits I can.

I seriously doubt that the selection of oil would in real live make a huge difference in the intake valve s/Yea we read the papers.but there is carbon gasoline vapor etc from the blow by that makes the choice of oil not worth worrying about as long as you use a quality proper speced oil. when I was on the phone with Ford customer service I call before bringing my trucks in for warranty work the rep said ford would have to prove the oil used caused the damage. I would never run a tune.

Originally Posted by double vanos
Been running Castrol Edge 0w40 in my Gen 1 for over 70k miles ( currently at 114k miles) and the engine loves it. Good stout oil that can handle the rigors of an Ecoboost engine.
Recommended.

+1

I run the same oil in my gen 1 as well. I have around 80k of UOA in the UOA section. My truck was worked very hard before I switched to the Super Duty and this oil seemed to do a great job.

I have used 5W-30 Magnetech, Pennzoil PP, Valvoline full syn with Maxlife technology, Mobil 1 5W-30 high mile and presently with the warranty replaced oil pan 5W-30 Semi syn Motorcraft installed by the dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back