40:1 Tru Fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goes through my Farmboss like grease through a goose. I used a full tank bucking up a 30' cherry tree into 2' lengths. At least 4$. I mixed up a gallon of my usual 32:1 Valvoline universal in E 10 87 and the saw fired right up. The saw's performance is just as good as the Tru Fuel. 24$ vs about 3.25 $ and some mixing for equal performance.

Your better off finding boat gas if and when available near you if you want to save money on ethanol free fuel.

I use it in my weed eater since I only use about a gallon a year.

My pressure washer absolute blows through fuel though... Not economically feasible to use a liter of Tru Fuel every time I fire it up.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Your better off finding boat gas if and when available near you if you want to save money on ethanol free fuel.
No such thing here. All gas is 10% ethanol. Even at the lake

Originally Posted By: andyd
Goes through my Farmboss like grease through a goose. I used a full tank bucking up a 30' cherry tree into 2' lengths. At least 4$. I mixed up a gallon of my usual 32:1 Valvoline universal in E 10 87 and the saw fired right up. The saw's performance is just as good as the Tru Fuel. 24$ vs about 3.25 $ and some mixing for equal performance.

If you use your chainsaw constantly, you may not need engineered or e-free fuel.

If you ever store it for a few months with E10, even with Stabil, then you'll need it (but it will be too late)

Is yours an MS290 or 291? I never could figure out why the chainsaw aficionados hated on the 290 so much until I saw some heads-on comparisons. While reliable, it's heavy, but the real problem was that it was a 2.9HP saw rated by Stihl at 3.4HP. I picked up an old Husky 55 (which is also rated at 3.4HP) and it will cut circles around my 2 buddy's 290's.

I don't know about it's early life, but it needed a new carb when I got it, and it will never see E10 from here on out.

Originally Posted By: HangFire

If you use your chainsaw constantly, you may not need engineered or e-free fuel.

If you ever store it for a few months with E10, even with Stabil, then you'll need it (but it will be too late)

Is yours an MS290 or 291? I never could figure out why the chainsaw aficionados hated on the 290 so much until I saw some heads-on comparisons. While reliable, it's heavy, but the real problem was that it was a 2.9HP saw rated by Stihl at 3.4HP. I picked up an old Husky 55 (which is also rated at 3.4HP) and it will cut circles around my 2 buddy's 290's.

I don't know about it's early life, but it needed a new carb when I got it, and it will never see E10 from here on out.

I have nothing but trouble with 2 stroke equipment....my weedwacker won't start...my chainsaw won't start....Where do I get this miracle stuff?

Originally Posted By: Warstud
I personally would only buy it for my chainsaw since I only use it once in a blue moon.

+1. I bought Stihl fuel which I think is the same stuff, for the chainsaw. Regular premium gas for all my other 2 stroke equipment, even if it sits through the winter. Never any issues.

I may run the stihl fuel I still have in stock in my stick edger as it is onky used a few times a year, now that I think of it...

I use « SP95 » (95% octane, 5% heptane), equivalent to MON 85 for you US folks. Ethanol free. Mixed with random JASO FC/FD oils at 1:50 or 1:32, depending of the severity of the usage. Never had a problem in 10 years.

My preference for these fancy store bought fuels is VP racing fuel. It still sells a true 128 oz. gallon of product. Tru fuel is 110 ounces which they advertise as being a gallon. This is just wrong.

I have access to avgas so I generally just buy 20 gallons of it at the start of summer and run it in all of my 4-cycle engines ($3,85/gallon yesterday). I use VP racing fuel to mix my own 2-cycle pre-mix for my blower, weed eater and chain saw.

I simply don't have fueling issues with my OPE. Even my old (1970's era) front tine Gilson tiller still starts with a few pulls of the cord after sitting for years.

My preference for these fancy store bought fuels is VP racing fuel. It still sells a true 128 oz. gallon of product. Tru fuel is 110 ounces which they advertise as being a gallon. This is just wrong.

I have access to avgas so I generally just buy 20 gallons of it at the start of summer and run it in all of my 4-cycle engines ($3,85/gallon yesterday). I use VP racing fuel to mix my own 2-cycle pre-mix for my blower, weed eater and chain saw.

I simply don't have fueling issues with my OPE. Even my old (1970's era) front tine Gilson tiller still starts with a few pulls of the cord after sitting for years.

Since my old 2 stroke Lawn Boy mower died a few years ago, I use much less 2 cycle fuel.

What I did is buy a 40:1 Trufuel can since that's the mix I need and when depleted I mix new fuel in that can. This way I don't have to keep a full gallon jug for my limited needs.

Trufuel is a scam.

TruFuel is a ripoff, I buy the VP when NAPA has it on sale, usually get a pretty good price on it. It runs great in my son's KX65 2 stroke race bike.

I scored a 5 gallon can of VP fuels 93 E-0 last month at rural king for $30 so now all my OPE is running that.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Ethanol phobia can be expensive.

Ethanol phobia is overblown to a point, however there are issues related to ethanol in infrequently used OPE. I have witnessed this first hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back