Easy GDI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the idea of softening a load of carbon and passing it through the engine with a load of chemicals and then dumping it into the catalytic converter. Must be the potential here to scratch the bore and damage the CAT.

Didn’t Ford prohibit these treatments in its TGDI engines? Iirc, the concern was dislodged bits of carbon damaging the downstream turbocharger.

Originally Posted By: eyeofthetiger
CRC has a this thing http://www.crcindustries.com/how-to-use-crc-gdi-ivd-intake-valve-turbo-cleaner/
but it just comes in a regular spray can. I am plan on implmenting this as regular maintenance, despite Ford's lack of approval.

Been using it on our non turbo GDI once a year for the past few years. Works really well, puts on a heck of a show out the exhaust for a few miles, lol

Originally Posted By: thunderfog
So glad I have a port-injected engine.

So glad I have a carb & modified crankcase ventilatin system, I'll bet anyone on here $1 that my inlet tract (post filter, pre inlet valve) is in the cleanest 3% of all board users.

not me but girlfriends 13 2.5L malibu is DI, + she drives slowly with many short trips said to be the worse along with turbo'd engines. shes at 50,xxx so far + all is good, but a bit of prevention is a good thing as well since thats pretty simple. thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back