Best sandwich bread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What everyone's opinion on what the best sandwich bread is? I typically like white bread,I don't like the earthy bitter taste of wheat bread. I also like pumpernickel bread.

Out of those two,who makes the best tasting?

I love good bread although I cannot eat much due to my diabetes. A good whole wheat is great but I love rye breads. Not the marble rye you get in restaurants but the real stuff. A light rye is great with pretty much any sandwich. I won’t turn down a good pumpernickel either.

Up here in the Pacific NW, Franz makes a very decent store bought bread. I’m not sure if their brand is available in your location but generally a locally baked bread is best.

Its regional.. recipes vary by region.

I dont mind Home Pride or the store brand honey wheat.

Not a fan of "stone ground" or rough bitter wheat.

Some days I like white, some days I like wheat.

My standard bread these days is Oroweat Health Nut.

Trader Joes sourdough is pretty hard to beat as well.

They're all equally bad (diet wise) so you might as well go for the gold and have plain white Wonderbread.

It's so much a matter of taste as to be an unanswerable question.

Freihoffer's/Burrea-Fassetts are big bread makers centered around Albany, New York.

Betty and Dean Arnold used to make bread in Greenwich, CT. Anyone remember smelling the bread on I-95 (Connecticut Turnpike at the time)?

Heck, there are even CHEAP BREADS I LOVE.

Originally Posted By: deven
Pepperidge Farms makes really good white bread. It's dense and chewy white bread!

Hmm,I like the sound of that,because I used to love their hamburger buns. I also buy potato bread hotdog and hamburger buns. I wonder if there's such a thing as regular potato bread?

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
They're all equally bad (diet wise) so you might as well go for the gold and have plain white Wonderbread.

Haha the last bread I bought was the plain jane Mrs Baird's
laugh.gif

I haven't eaten white bread since I was a kid - no nutrition and no flavour. Currently eating a bread fresh from the bakery at the local supermarket, called 4 seed loaf. A good selection of great breads in NZ, my favorite is made right here in town, a monster sized loaf I use for a real sandwich.

southern-grain-toast-800g-480.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back