DENSO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not irritating at all. What's irritating is someone who can't read what someone else says. I just used the store to say DENSO without saying it directly first. I was thinking nothing about price or where to buy them. You made it that way unnecessarily. Lighten up.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
Not irritating at all. What's irritating is someone who can't read what someone else says. I just used the store to say DENSO without saying it directly first. I was thinking nothing about price or where to buy them. You made it that way unnecessarily. Lighten up.

So you were taking over the trolling after the troll was told to stop trolling.

Too bad you can't call it anything by name yet.
Originally Posted By: DuckRyder

So you were taking over the trolling after the troll was told to stop trolling.

32.gif

Naw, I explained it twice already. Nuances of expression. I did nothing wrong in any way. As far as I know we aren't deputized to be moderators. just put a sign up like I did on you here. Relax.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Yah-Tah-Hey
How to bond oil filter pleat ends.

Now that's what I call a well made oil filter.

It's very sad to have to wait so long to say the name. Unfair really. Life sometimes is not fair. You could post a link to a store that sells them in lieu of saying the word. Of course then you may get chewed out.

That's right, at least as far as construction and workmanship. Of all the cartridge filters I've examined, the Toyota (=Denso) is the only one that gives high confidence that it won't bypass some oil, as well as having the largest media area and a lower price than most. However, its media efficiency is rumored to be mediocre, which presents a quandary. Iffy efficiency or iffy resistance to leaks or other potential failure?

Reading this thread I feel like I poked my head into an apartment where two people were having a fight and I smartly pulled my head back and walked away.

What was all this odd drivel I just read about irritation, best price etc.? Kira

Originally Posted By: CR94
That's right, at least as far as construction and workmanship. Of all the cartridge filters I've examined, the Toyota (=Denso) is the only one that gives high confidence that it won't bypass some oil, as well as having the largest media area and a lower price than most. However, its media efficiency is rumored to be mediocre, which presents a quandary. Iffy efficiency or iffy resistance to leaks or other potential failure?

It might have the large media area on paper but those pleats look like they’re so tightly crimped together as to be almost solid. I’d say the effective media area is pretty small.

How to bond oil filter pleat ends

Meh. Mann designnis how to bond it if you're not going to pot it in an endcap.

Ill bet that Frams are bonded similarly with just a bit more structure from the cardboard. Hengst energetic cartridges are the same just bonded to a plastic end. Etc, etc.

Originally Posted By: Kira
What was all this odd drivel I just read about irritation ...

Apparently sand in the undies.
grin2.gif

How to bond oil filter pleat ends.

It's very sad to have to wait so long to say the name. Unfair really. Life sometimes is not fair. You could post a link to a store that sells them in lieu of saying the word. Of course then you may get chewed out.

No idea what you're actually talking about, but Denso filters have been advocated on here since at least 2005.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/334167/1

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kira
Reading this thread I feel like I poked my head into an apartment where two people were having a fight and I smartly pulled my head back and walked away.

What was all this odd drivel I just read about irritation, best price etc.? Kira

THIS. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back