Status
Not open for further replies.
Just took this out of my car after 30k miles/3 years
Mostly paved country highway miles but I think I wanna go back
To factory style for now.
I have just Replaced this k&n with a regular Denso First Time Fit 143-3003
I got for $5.20 @RockAuto
Does anyone have anything to say about the denso
FTF air filters? Efficency or any comments?

K&N 33-2260 OUT

You paid $5 for it? You got your money's worth. You were wise to junk it and put a paper element in.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
You paid $5 for it? You got your money's worth. You were wise to junk it and put a paper element in.

He paid $5 for the Denso. In a high humidity environment and all on highway why not K&N, otherwise no thanks. For the average driver nothing is gained.

Denso makes Toyota's OEM filters, but the one you bought is not going to be a reboxed OEM filter like they used to be.

Until a few years ago, Denso's aftermarket air filters were often reboxed OEM filters (many of them being Japanese cars that Denso is the OE supplier to). But when they switched to the new FTF line, they changed the part numbers and are now all from China.

The old Denso part number, for the US-made reboxed OEM Denso is 143-2086

Purolator used to make a P1 air filter for this application. The part number was PA35432. One of those lightly-oiled air filters. But they discontinued that line with the new logo/rebranding thing. And unfortunately, Fram does not make a TG/Ultra air filter for these cars, either.

Have one in my IS. I had it in for about 50k, inside is clean, silicon levels came back normal in the UOA.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Why don't you do a white glove swipe on the intake plumbing for us and put some rumors here to bed?

Hi, Ill try n do that later this week...if the other years aNd 168,000 miles doesnt skew the results. Also where can i get one? Lol

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Why not clean and re-oil it? As long as you're not in the desert or high dust areas (your filter doesn't look like it).

Its really deep caked on on oil and dirt in those black parts. and I dont wanna deal with it. Lol

Originally Posted By: Marco620
try and get someone to buy that K&N for 5.20 .

It will sell for WAAAAAY more than that on eBay.....

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Denso makes Toyota's OEM filters, but the one you bought is not going to be a reboxed OEM filter like they used to be.

Until a few years ago, Denso's aftermarket air filters were often reboxed OEM filters (many of them being Japanese cars that Denso is the OE supplier to). But when they switched to the new FTF line, they changed the part numbers and are now all from China.

The old Denso part number, for the US-made reboxed OEM Denso is 143-2086

Purolator used to make a P1 air filter for this application. The part number was PA35432. One of those lightly-oiled air filters. But they discontinued that line with the new logo/rebranding thing. And unfortunately, Fram does not make a TG/Ultra air filter for these cars, either.

It appears Fram *does* make an Ultra air filter for this car. Part number XGA9360. I just saw it in stock at Walmart
smile.gif

The Ultra air filters used to be called Tough Guard, in this case, part number TGA9360.

This is what I would use for this application. The Ultra/TG air filter for this vintage Camry is made in Korea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back