Filter changes on our New 2015 Nissan PF

Status
Not open for further replies.

MolaKule

Staff member
The filter books and references state the shorter filter, such as the Purolator x14612 to be a replacement filter for the Nissan 15208 65F0E filter.

However, the longer filter, the x14610 can be installed as well for those wanting a bit more filtering capacity, for these lawn mower and motorcycle size filters.
smile.gif

i found that if you have a strong grip, you can reach up through the plastic debris shield and twist the filter off without popping the plastic "snap" pins.

I also discovered that it is a good idea to place a plastic "apron" underneath the filter and on the frame member so that the oil drains into the pan and not onto the member. I cut a 1 gal. plastic freezer bag along its sides and shove it underneath the filter. Works like a charm.

Last edited:
On my 2004 Altima V6 I just turn the front wheels all the way to the right, then the plastic side shield can be popped off in 15 sec and have an easy access to the filter and frame rail area. Could also remove the drain plug and drain the oil from the sump without lifting the car off the ground.

The 14610 sized filters fit fine too, no side shield interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back