win 10 email

Status
Not open for further replies.
my GF just bought a new $1,000. dell lap top with win 10. the other day i sent an email to her and it poped up on her FB. and she wants to keep our conversation privet. even thou there is nothing embarrassing in the email. thanks

Thats odd. I have no idea.

I'd install Office 2016 and get rid of the cheaper email client.

I bought an Office 2016 Professional key on ebay for $10 a few months ago and its activated and works perfect. I wanted a key that would last the life of the computer, and not this new Office 365 subscription nonsense that is only good for a year. I kept my last desktop for 8 or 9 years, and an annual subscription would have cost a fortune compared to the one time cost.

Are you saying that you emailed her and it appeared on her public Facebook wall, for everyone to see? Are you sure you didn't message her using the W10 Facebook messenger app? I don't see how an email could be sent and posted to her wall.

What was the end of her email address that you send your message to?

@outlook.com, hotmail.com, live.com?

i could not have mesg her on W10 facebook. cause i run linux mint.

OP - I gotta ask, where do you suspect the blame lies for this incident?

Originally Posted By: red7404
my GF just bought a new $1,000. dell lap top with win 10. the other day i sent an email to her and it poped up on her FB. and she wants to keep our conversation privet. even thou there is nothing embarrassing in the email. thanks

Check her Facebook settings.
Also get her another email client like #1 preferred GMail.
Lastly, Facebook has eyes everywhere. If you seek privacy, stay off Facebook.

Curious! What is the model name / number for this $1000 laptop? I'll bet it has all the bells & whistles.

Just open up a Protonmail account. It is encrypted and free and no need to mess with an email client. and use making Bill Gates richer than he already is. Just use "open Office" which is free.

i could not have mesg her on W10 facebook. cause i run linux mint.

Sorry, that was a typo. Does Mint have the Facebook Messenger app? I was trying to ask if maybe you were messaging there instead of your email client.

On W10, I receive notifications in the bottom left for system-related things, new Hotmail emails, and, since I recently added the Facebook Messenger app, I get notifications of new messages there, too. It's VERY hard to mistake one for the other, but if you're not technologically savvy, I can see how it could happen.

Again, I'm not seeing how you could email her to her EMAIL account and it pop up on her Facebook wall, if that's what you're saying (you still haven't confirmed this part)

User error, you definitely sent her a message in the wrong application, or she perceived it as showing up somewhere that it didn't, there is no way to email someone and have it show up on Facebook.

thanks Nick and every one. there are things about this. 1. iam not good with windows. to the point i dont even want to touch it. not that my skills in linux are any thing to brag about. every time i do something with ANY computer i remember how much i DONT know 2. she may not be reading whats going on accurately. i have a cat coming over monday to work on my linux box. i might get him to work on Colleens windows machine to. 3. thanks to Bubbatime about useing office 2016 pro key

i have a cat coming over monday to work on my linux box. i might get him to work on Colleens windows machine to. 3. thanks to Bubbatime about useing office 2016 pro key

See, Windows is so intuitive, even a cat can work with this OS! And that's just groovy.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
i have a cat coming over monday to work on my linux box. i might get him to work on Colleens windows machine to. 3. thanks to Bubbatime about useing office 2016 pro key

See, Windows is so intuitive, even a cat can work with this OS! And that's just groovy.

It might be easy to jest about a cat coming over but that same cat can step on a touchpad mouse and drag an email to an outbox and next thing you know, it is on its was out. cat's feet are like scrunge pads and they can easily resize and drag and drop stuff. which brings me to my punchline, does anyone really know what and how to manipulate all the windows in that way win10 was marketed it could do, I noticed I can use some slight of hand right click to automatically call numbers using the google voice web app? Also, i noticed i have to rebuild windows 10 mail and even the Store a lot. also, would anyone also agree that win10 gets corrupted easier to the level where it needs to be formatted then reinstlled? basically, it seems unrepairable. kinda flakey in a way win7 or 8 wasn't?

And finally for the coup de grais, I don't think win10 is even capable of being a serious OS that corp xyz would even use.

Last edited:
W10 has been flawless on my machines. The only ones that had issues were related to a failing drive, not the OS. I did a clean install on an SSD in our main PC, but ported everything over to my wife’s new SSD using Samsung’s software. Could not have been easier.

1. PC: OS portion of the original drive was corrupted, but I was able to boot Mint from a USB thumb drive and not only see, but offload all of our files. Again, it was the drives fault.

2. My wife spilled soda on her laptop. Everything has worked perfectly since that occurred a couple of years ago, but the laptop had become painfully slow. S.M.A.R.T. started throwing drive warnings, so I knew it was time to replace. I took a gamble purchasing an expensive SSD, but it was worth it. Her laptop with a 3rd gen Ivybridge i5 and 8GB RAM is just as fast as my two year-old gaming rig with a sixth gen Skylake i7 and 16GB of RAM. Very similar SSD boot drives.

If her laptop still sucked with the SSD, I would have used it in whatever relatively cheap laptop she decided on as a replacement. As it is, I think we’ll be set for another several years, if not much longer!

This has got to take the cake for the most rambling and hard to follow and understand thread on this board! The OP apparently thinks emails went to Facebook or something. Posts are hard to interpret. This has nothing to do with Windows or Linux. This is pilot error. Lay off the hooch.

I have had no problems with Windows 10. Seems to be rock solid from what I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back