2011 Silverado work truck 6000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a 2011 Silverado, 4x4 extended cab, 5.3L. Thought it was a great truck. Would still have it, but traded it in on a 2013 - so many discounts I couldn't afford not to.

It does have the AFM cyl deactivation that so many don't seem to like. After monitoring mine, it seems to be in 8 cyl mode 98% of the time, so...

Is it a 1500, 2500, V8, V6, or what? As far as I am concerned, all are great trucks and one with that # of miles would be a find!

Who is offering the lifetime warranty? What are the terms? It's not a GM warranty...

Not enough info to tell you much of anything. Do you have the VIN?

The GM warranty is good for 5 years or 60,000 miles.

As asked above-who is the warranty through?

Lifetime warranties are usually offered by Snake-buy-here-pay-here lots where you can buy with bad credit. The ones that in the fine print say the lifetime warranty is only in effect if you have them service it every 3k miles on the dot, otherwise it's then void.

Originally Posted By: NothingNew
http://www.lewistonchevrolet.com/Vehicle...n-ID/3123054143

http://www.lewistonchevrolet.com/lifetimewarranty

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?vin=1GCNCPEX6BZ434160&partner=COO_0

See Nick's post directly above yours. The fact that they actually use the words "no joke" are a big enough tipoff.

Quote:
Our Lifetime Warranty program is such a great product that we've selected it to completely replace our Certified Pre-Owned Warranty program through General Motors.

Translation - we're too cheap to participate in the CPO program so we invented our own warranty to bilk you out of your money in our service department.

I've had pretty good luck with GM dealers so I am kind of surprised...

Originally Posted By: CleverUserName
Did anyone notice the Carfax report's last reported mileage was 50K ?

I saw that too... It went from 3,000 miles to 50K.

At work we have an '01 Ram 2500 with only 33K on the clock. It's used to plow and sand the parking lot. While the miles are super low, every single mile was earned the hard way.

We used to offer a lifetime warranty at the dealership where I worked. As stated, you had to follow the maintenance schedule religiously and have the work done at our dealership or the warranty was void. It was basically designed to get you into the service department for work likevtranny flushes, etc...

Another dealership that I worked out offered free tires if you followed the maintenance schedule. The 15k mile service cost around $500 and amounted to an oil change and a lot of inspections on things like belts and hoses. So, yeah, pay us $500 to spend 20 minutes inspecting things, sure. We will give you a free set of tires. I think you had to have a minimum of 30k miles and it was limited to two free sets over the life of the vehicle.

Originally Posted By: Corollaman
Yes 6,000 miles excellent condition basic truck. Has the "lifetime" warranty on power train. Any info on this model?

What engine? 2011 could be the ancient 4.3/4AT, or the better 4.8/4AT, or even the 5.3/6AT (which I suspect can't be gotten on a work truck trim?). Not sure if one could get tow & deep gears on a 2011. You really need to look at the model & find out the details. Even if it's not optioned out you should look to see what rear gears & what engine it has.

Personally, unless if it's a dealer with a CPO program I wouldn't place much faith into a warranty. Something goes wrong... they're going to fight you, and if they lose, they are apt to put the least amount of effort into fixing the issue. Not worth a dime IMO.

Probably 6,000 miles on "new" engine.

Lifetime warranties are huge wastes of money and time. Maintain your assets by the book and don't rely on others to take care of things for you.

Originally Posted By: GoobSoCold
For a couple grand more:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/699851645/overview/

That would probably be the best option IMO. The new 4.3 is leaps beyond the 4.3 in the 2011.

The lifetime warranty thing is a joke. The Jeep came with one for the engine and trans, but you had to service it according to the manufacturer by them. That would mean oil changes about every 6mo on something that gets driven MAYBE 3K a year.

Originally Posted By: CleverUserName
Did anyone notice the Carfax report's last reported mileage was 50K ?

I think someone just entered an extra 0. Look at how clean the frame rails are - that truck looks like it just rolled off the assembly line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back