viscosity vs. temperature graph

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you plot viscosity vs. temp for example for 5W and 10W, etc. ...
Is the graph linear over the operating temperature?
do companies release these graphs.

I got the following message:
"To help you stay safe, We've blocked adobe flash ..." lol

recently upgraded to windows 10 and i wonder if has something to do with it!
i have only got this msg every once in a while. adobe sounds like a safe thing why win 10 is blocking it? competitors with microsoft
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: OilUzer
if you plot viscosity vs. temp for example for 5W and 10W, etc. ...
Is the graph linear over the operating temperature?
do companies release these graphs.

Viscosity/temperature is a log/linear relationship. Companies don't generally publish the graphs, but you can plot your own from the viscosities @ 40 and 100°C on log/linear paper. The plot will vary from linear at low temperatures, i.e below about -20°C depending on the chemitry. Better to use an online calculator.

Says "Flash is not working", might be the setup my end.

I tried copy-pasting the numbers in case I ever wanted to put them in a spreadsheet. Apparently won't do it.

Also says the iPad is a mobil device. That stuff gets everywhere.

Just Google search "motor oil viscosity versus temperature chart" and click on images.

I've been using latest MS browser today after realising that Chrome with my current Windows 10 (why they wanted to turn my laptop into a "phone" app escapes me) is like driving with the handbrake on.

Got the "Flash" message, and clicked the screen, it asked if I authorised it..I did, and could play. Chrome I never had that.

i have seen graphs displaying that, comparing mineral "synthetic" vs the real stuff. the mineral thickens quite a bit more + faster than group IV or V oils. it also thins a bit more but not as bad as it thickens. no brands just types of oil. i would think as oils "wear" it could get worse! i believe all the specs you see are for new oils, but the longevity of group IV + V oils show as time goes on especially in extreme conditions.

Originally Posted By: OilUzer

I got the following message:
"To help you stay safe, We've blocked adobe flash ..." lol

recently upgraded to windows 10 and i wonder if has something to do with it!
i have only got this msg every once in a while. adobe sounds like a safe thing why win 10 is blocking it? competitors with microsoft
grin.gif

If you are running Chrome browser on WIN 10 go to settings, search for Flash (it will be in content) either set to "ask first" or add the widman site to the allowed sites.
[url=chrome://settings/content/flash?search=flash][url=chrome://settings/content/flash?search=flash]chrome://settings/content/flash?search=flash[/url][/url]

If you using Edge for your browser, click the flash box on the widman site and choose always allow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back