Losing my "grip" or the World is too cool for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a small thing really, but I just saw a food store's ad which offered a promotional dozen eggs with a minimum purchase.
That's a good thing...not the first time.

That they called it a "12 pack" made me feel old.

Am I un-hep or are they too cool?

I blame Budweiser. They sell beer in 12-packs. No one says I'm going out to get a dozen beer. Hey, pick up a dozen beer at the store!

It's just a bit of Newspeak creeping into our vernacular.

I'll poll my kids what they call it.

To skyactiv: How've you been? I'll always remember the help you offered regarding my sister's Mazda3...with the Skyactiv engine, of course

...but no, haven't been drinking. Gimme time though! Cheers

BTW...what size is the Torx fitting used on the oil drain plug? Something like a T57 or other odd number?

OKay, OKay, Try # 2:

Don't you know Spring is coming?

Us over 40s feel old...

So after the shock passes, I suggest more Vitamin D, B12, E and the sport called "showing the younger generations they still have a lot to learn"

So you need an omelet....(4 eggs today, 4 eggs tomorrow, 4 eggs sunday)

Now you un-understand-ed math genius , how much is 4+4+4 ?

Now, you're the guy who kept alive some Saabs and some Volvos, so how exactly do you feel out of place?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kira
Just a small thing really, but I just saw a food store's ad which offered a promotional dozen eggs with a minimum purchase.
That's a good thing...not the first time.

That they called it a "12 pack" made me feel old.

Am I un-hep or are they too cool?

It gets worse. At 80+ years I barely understand todays language.

Isn't it "un-hip?"
wink.gif

My son(21) said he'll got out to pick up a dozen eggs and a 12-pack of beer.

I think it's a generational thing. Is more specificity a bad thing?

Case in point - I once bought a machine from an older coworker. I asked him, "how much do you want for this?"

His reply: "A couple hundred"

And I didn't know what he meant, so I gave him $300. (he was a nice guy and the machine was worth $1k)

I later found out that most people know the following, which I hadn't explicitly learned when growing up.

Couple = 2
Few = 3

Originally Posted By: Reddy45

Case in point - I once bought a machine from an older coworker. I asked him, "how much do you want for this?"

And I didn't know what he meant, so I gave him $300. (he was a nice guy and the machine was worth $1k)

I later found out that most people know the following, which I hadn't explicitly learned when growing up.

Couple = 2
Few = 3

Next time he wants to sell something, he'll come to you first.

Last edited:
People who drink that Budweiser stuff (I don't mean the Czech original) already demonstrate poor judgement and can be safely ignored.

Originally Posted By: Ducked
People who drink that Budweiser stuff (I don't mean the Czech original) already demonstrate poor judgement and can be safely ignored.

Sorry, but there's nothing quite like a fresh-tapped keg of Budweiser.

It's a stellar American Lager.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45

Couple = 2
Few = 3

For some reason I think the same thing--when talking in imprecise terms, "couple" means 2 or 3. "Go grab a couple of bolts for me" = grab a number greater than 1 and less than a bunch--which includes 3. Now if I wanted two I'd say two, just like if I wanted any other precise number.

21.gif

I think it's from women ruining things. Once one becomes a "couple" females insist it means only two people. They suddenly get very precise about this one detail.

Is it beer o'clock yet?

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW

Sorry, but there's nothing quite like a fresh-tapped keg of Budweiser.

It's a stellar American Lager.

Dunno, we always call it headache beer, because too many will leave the next morning with headaches.

Same could be said with Jager-bombs... not that I would know...
whistle.gif

c22d0861af5b05619646229f21e7da55.jpg

Originally Posted By: Marco620
Is that Budvar or Chezvar?

We're talking the King of Beers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back