What Blades for 48 inch John Deere Deck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are using what I believe to be a pieced together John Deere LX178 at church. I don't think this 48 inch deck came with this LX178 originally. Now, I want to get new blades but I want to get the correct blades. Stopped by the local JD dealer and he said I needed to get the numbers off the blades on the mower to get replacements. I asked him how can I find out what the correct blades for that deck would be. He said he didn't know if the deck did not come with the mower to begin with.

I'm having a problem with his answer. Can anybody steer me in the right direction?

If it helps the mower is a LX178 water cooled Kawasaki. The deck has a logo that says "48 mulcher compatible"?

Maybe I should try another dealer????

The LX178's did come with a 48" deck. The standard blade for that deck is M115495. There are also discharge and high lift options. JDPartsis a good resource if you want to look for all the parts for a specific model.

All my JD blades also have the part number stamped in them. Which is probably why he sent you that way when you indicated you didn't know if the deck was original to the tractor or not.

Some decks do have a serial and model number tag. Might be something to check too.

I use greenpartstore.com, which is a great place to find what blades your mower will need. For what it's worth, I've found the Oregon Gator blades have provided a better cut and lasted much longer than the OEM blades on my G110 Deere.

I've found the Gator blades to be pretty dependent on deck design. I run the G5's now, but had the same model on a different deck and they were horrible.

GreenPartsStore is where I shop too. Good prices, and since I live close I often get parts mailed through them faster than I can get from my local dealer.

Well, my "guy" just texted me. I'm going to have to replace a spindle at over $100. The JD hood is broken all to pieces. I'm gonna start another thread. Thanks to all of your input.

I don't need anymore responses as I am getting rid of this mower. Thanks to ALL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back