2012 Tundra Crewmax Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for some 275/60/20 tires for my 2012 Tundra Crewmax. I dont need an all terrain tire. Truck currently has Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alelna's on it and have been considering Continental Cross Contact LX20, Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Cooper Evolution H/T and Cooper Discoverer SRX.

I don't really need something with a high mileage rating since the truck is not driven much. I really want something that is quiet.

What says the group?

Last edited:
I had LTX MS2's but ultimately did not like them. If it's not driven much then long tire life isn't needed, as it may age out before wear out.

Valencia looks pretty south? No issues with driving in snow?

What do the Bridgestone's "not do" that would lead you to not get again? IIRC the stock Bridgestones tend to be hated (short life, lousy traction, etc)--but NVH rates pretty high on the reasons why the OEM used in the first place.

What is your budget?

Not sure how quiet they are but
Cooper Discoverer HT Plus are under $150 not even on sale.(in your tire size that is amazing) Could probably get close to 100$/tire if you grabbed them at DTD or americas tire during one of their promo sales.

I have no budget and just want the best bang for the buck. Never been a Bridgestone fan and these are currently cracking. The truck only has 15K miles on it.

We do not get snow in our area.

I see mixed results on the Discoverer H/T Plus. Some say they are noisy and others say they are quiet.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Richie
I have no budget and just want the best bang for the buck. Never been a Bridgestone fan and these are currently cracking. The truck only has 15K miles on it.

We do not get snow in our area.

I see mixed results on the Discoverer H/T Plus. Some say they are noisy and others say they are quiet.

FWIW the tread pattern looks more "sporty" with repeating treadblocks/pattern and a fairly open sidewall pattern which isnt low noise.

if its worth paying 1.5-2x for low noise that is up to you.
also are you going oversize.. I am seeing 275/55r20 for stock size?

The continential lx20 look pretty good for quietness.

For quiet you want a tire that has a good modern tread compound, a fairly closed sidewall, and a treadpattern that is not very "repetitive/open"(better word eludes me presently)
You can just go look at the discoverer SRX pattern vs the HT plus and see why it would be much quieter.

Originally Posted By: Richie
Looking for some 275/60/20 tires for my 2012 Tundra Crewmax. I dont need an all terrain tire. Truck currently has Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alelna's on it and have been considering Continental Cross Contact LX20, Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Cooper Evolution H/T and Cooper Discoverer SRX.

I don't really need something with a high mileage rating since the truck is not driven much. I really want something that is quiet.

What says the group?

If you go Cooper the Discoverer SRX is the most modern light truck tire they have. Great tire with 75K warranty. We have them on our escape and they are fantastic. They are a hybrid highway/all terrain.

I did notice the thread pattern and was assuming the noise was coming from that. I have considered the Conti LX20 since have had Conti tires on other vehicles

Originally Posted By: Rand

FWIW the tread pattern looks more "sporty" with repeating treadblocks/pattern and a fairly open sidewall pattern which isnt low noise.

if its worth paying 1.5-2x for low noise that is up to you.
also are you going oversize.. I am seeing 275/55r20 for stock size?

The continential lx20 look pretty good for quietness.

For quiet you want a tire that has a good modern tread compound, a fairly closed sidewall, and a treadpattern that is not very "repetitive/open"(better word eludes me presently)
You can just go look at the discoverer SRX pattern vs the HT plus and see why it would be much quieter.

Last edited:
I've been looking seriously at those as well. Just hate to get a tire with a long warranty when the truck isn't driven that much.

Anyone have any other recommendations for tires other than the Conti and Cooper. Was thinking about the Goodyear SR-A and noticed they are OE for many manufacturers.

Originally Posted By: donnyj08

If you go Cooper the Discoverer SRX is the most modern light truck tire they have. Great tire with 75K warranty. We have them on our escape and they are fantastic. They are a hybrid highway/all terrain.

I am recommending tire that I would have never, ever considered but they are great tire for a little over a $100.00 a piece (in my vehicle's size).

These were dealer installed on a very slightly used Sierra I bought. I complained about the OEM tires because they were feathered and told them I needed a tire with an "XL" rating for towing. And needed new tires installed to make the deal happen.

They put these on and I really like them. They are great in snow (not a consideration for you) and are very quiet.

A great tire at a great price. I currently have 10,000 miles on them.

https://www.nexentireusa.com/tires/suv-light-truck/roadian-hp

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. I never considered that brand. I was also thinking of some Kumho or Hankook. I've never run Hankkok but years ago had good luck with some Kumho's on my daily driver.

Originally Posted By: CKN
I am recommending tire that I would have never, ever considered but they are great tire for a little over a $100.00 a piece (in my vehicle's size).

These were dealer installed on a very slightly used Sierra I bought. I complained about the OEM tires because they were feathered and told them I needed a tire with an "XL" rating for towing. And needed new tires installed to make the deal happen.

They put these on and I really like them. They are great in snow (not a consideration for you) and are very quiet.

A great tire at a great price. I currently have 10,000 miles on them.

https://www.nexentireusa.com/tires/suv-light-truck/roadian-hp

I have about 20k on a set of Kumho Crugen HT51 and they are doing great. They are quiet and do well in all conditions. They are just like michelens but without the horrendous price! Check the reviews on tirerack.com they are the best bang for your buck!

Last edited:
Thanks and will check them out as well.

Originally Posted By: Muskieteer
I have about 20k on a set of Kumho Crugen HT51 and they are doing great. They are quiet and do well in all conditions. They are just like michelens but without the horrendous price! Check the reviews on tirerack.com they are the best bang for your buck!

Originally Posted By: nickaluch
You want a quiet tire at a reasonable price try Vouge signature V black SCT. A hidden gem nobody talks about.

Looks very nice and rated as a "best" tire for the Tundra from the link I posted earlier.

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
Michelin Defenders on my Tacoma love them

There they are.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back