PGL in dexcool application?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody run into troubles running Peak Global Lifetime in any application its rated for? Specifically, I suppose, I will be doing a rad drain and refill this spring in my F150 which takes the orange Ford dexclone. Any reason to avoid using this coolant?

As long as you get all the old fluid out the peak will work great. I didn't know there was any reason to avoid Dexcool in the newer systems I thought they were designed properly?

I would also consider G05/Motorcraft Gold if you're open to other stuff, I run G05 in my Buick.

I have read that Dex-Cool has long since been changed. It's not the same Death-Cool that is was when it was developed, from the early 90's-whenever!

Originally Posted By: buck91
Has anybody run into troubles running Peak Global Lifetime in any application its rated for? Specifically, I suppose, I will be doing a rad drain and refill this spring in my F150 which takes the orange Ford dexclone. Any reason to avoid using this coolant?

I can't think of any. Like Ford orange Dexcool, it's a Long Life OAT AF. Difference is, it contains no 2eha inhibitor used in DexCool. I've been running it for several years now in an older Tacoma originally specing Toyota red. Original radiator and working great.

That said, unless you just prefer PGL, it's significantly less expensive or you just happen to have it on hand, DexCool will work equally well in the Ford vehicles that now spec it.

We don't know the organic acid Peak/CCI uses in Peak Global Lifetime. It's also well-regarded here and CCI is one of the main coolant players in North America and Japan.

In theory all the OATs should play nice with each other. Ford does have an aversion to AMAM coolants but I don't see why not if the car came with orange coolant from the factory - and Prestone's formulation is more or less yellow-dyed Dex-Cool.

'Fwiw' PGL uses Sodium Benzoate as it's organic acid. I have a partial jug here showing that. Wouldn't change my original post recommendation here, and was known to me before that post.

If I was going to use a Prestone AF in the OP's vehicle, it would their Dexcool labeled product, not the 'universal dexclone'. The latter now called Prestone with Core Guard.

Prestone does make an officially GM sanctioned Dex-Cool, it's in the silver bottle. Prestone in itself is a Dex-clone.

OK, owners manual lists Motorcraft Specialty Orange, spec number WSS-M97B44-D. PGL lists ESE-M97B44-A (as well as WSS-M97B51-A1) explicitly on their specifications pdf. I'm assuming ESE-M97B44-A is the equivalent to my WSS-M97B44-D?

Motorcraft Specialty Orange = Dex-Cool = most "AMAM" type coolants.

M97B44-A is not, however, the same as M97B44D.

* Yellow-colored Motorcraft Premium Gold Engine Coolant, meeting Ford specification WSS-M97B51-A1
* Green-colored Motorcraft Premium Engine Coolant, meeting Ford specification ESE-M97B44-A
* Orange-colored Motorcraft Specialty Orange Engine Coolant, meeting Ford specification WSS-M97B44-D

Don't mix and match, you're gonna have a bad time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back