215/50/r17 Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill need tires soon; I went to Costco tonight, they are on sale for $70off; For my car all 4 with road hazard and lifetime warranty, all for $500. I think it is a steal! Anyone with experience on these please!?

Currently on Michelin Primacy MXM4 with 47K miles; They came with prorated warranty at 55K miles so the difference will be applied to Bridgestone new set. Very happy with them thus far. These same would cost $680; In this case Bridgestone vs Michelin. What the BITOG community take?
I Thank You

Last edited:
Yes, I had those on my 2003 Acura TL type S which I still have and drive a lot. They were very good tires in my opinion. I would buy them again at that price in a heart beat. Same size too, 215/50/r17.

I unfortunately bought some cheaper tires since I just drive the car to a small town 30 miles away at 55mph. I thought they would be ok, I was wrong! I already knew you get what you pay for with tires, I just didn't want to pay up. Don't make that same mistake. I'm selling that car now with those tires on it. Car has 235k on it.

Great tires, very quiet on the road. I did notice a slight mpg loss over my oem Michelin's but I like quiet tires.

Kinda looks like some suspension problems on your car. Passenger side tire looks like it's wearing the inside a bit too.

Have the suspension checked out, and alignment won't fix worn bushings.

honestly, I have 0 worries currently about that; the car drives and feels just great for what it is; it always keeps straight line, does not pull to the side, no shaking/vibrating of the steering wheel at speeds, and no strange sounds; needles to say, I have not done alignment to it in last 90-100K. I can't remember.

I remember last time the Pep Boys guy told me: "it may not be perfect but still it is within the specification; I don't want to take your $90 away for nothing."
ill be looking for the same guy this time around too. I get the filling he still works there.

the car just needs tires

Last edited:
We ran approx 45k miles on a set of the Bridgestones on our Camry. they were quite good; could have run them longer, but replaced them before winter for obvious reasons. sounds like a very good price.

Originally Posted By: miden851
honestly, I have 0 worries currently about that; the car drives and feels just great for what it is; it always keeps straight line, does not pull to the side, no shaking/vibrating of the steering wheel at speeds, and no strange sounds; needles to say, I have not done alignment to it in last 90-100K. I can't remember.

I remember last time the Pep Boys guy told me: "it may not be perfect but still it is within the specification; I don't want to take your $90 away for nothing."
ill be looking for the same guy this time around too. I get the filling he still works there.

the car just needs tires
My Mom had a Buick that tracked and drove straight too, would eat a brand new set of tires up in less than 10k miles. Had bad control arm bushings.

I thank you for all your constructive input here!

so how is realistic for a tire to go 55k, 65K or 75K as the specification says on these Bridgestone please, which is a heck of lot confidence from the manufacturer?

with Michelin I could get 55K as their warranty says but my stopping bower is being compromised as I've noticed

Nice tire!
smile.gif

From The Tire Rack Road Test Results(as you may be aware of this already):

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=188

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/chartDisplay.jsp?ttid=188

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/chartDisplayWinter.jsp?ttid=188

Road Test Video:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/videoDisplay.jsp?ttid=188

You can also read customer reviews and even narrow down to individual car brand and see of you can find reviews with, like cars/like climate/like driving style.

These links may time out although I hope not!

Good Luck,

CB

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: miden851
I thank you for all your constructive input here!

so how is realistic for a tire to go 55k, 65K or 75K as the specification says on these Bridgestone please, which is a heck of lot confidence from the manufacturer?

with Michelin I could get 55K as their warranty says but my stopping bower is being compromised as I've noticed

There are SO MANY variables that affect tire wear: vehicle, FWD, RWD, AWD, alignment, driving style, environmental temperature, road texture, wet miles vs. dry miles vs. snow miles driven, inflation pressure, exposure to the elements, tire rotation frequency, tire rotation pattern, etc., etc. Also, some tire manufacturers overstate the wear mileage warranties on some products and others understate the mileage and it can vary from one product to the next and from year to year on the 'same' product.

I would guess that you might get somewhere between 40k and 90k from the Bridestones.
smile.gif

We hvae two sets of the serenity tires. The first set came with a used volvo we picked up. I've owned a lot of bridgestone tires, but these were exceptional. Handling is great, noise is low, wet is excellent, and they are probably the best all-seasons I've driven in the snow. I like them enough to have put a set on the next volvo we added to the collection. I am equally pleased with them. On the first volvo, they are wearing like iron.

Typically, the last few 32nd of tread block maybe the least performant and wear like iron. If its just about utility you could make it lasr, but would you rather change early to new tires with fresh rubber and better performance

That is a top of the line tire but cost prohibitive in my size. I have always liked the tread pattern.
No brainer at that price.

One of my good friends had the original Turanza Serenity tires on his car (very similar tire size), he liked them enough to get another set when the first wore out. I'm not sure if the new set are the Plus or the original though.

They last forever (no joke), but are lacking in wet traction and I have seen balance issues on a few sets recently.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
They last forever (no joke), but are lacking in wet traction and I have seen balance issues on a few sets recently.

that's my concern with them; since they're warranted at 75K, aren't they just too much of the plastic!?

I really appreciate your all input in here!

I placed the order for the tires tonight at Costco; total price after all rebates $460.00!

I swear I won’t hold any grudge against Bridgestone;

I thank for all your recommendation and input!

Originally Posted By: nickaluch
Good choice great price.

+1 I couldn’t pass it

Currently on my Michelin treadware is rated at 500 with 55k miles warranty, with Bridgestone it is rated at 600; I know there is no standard when comes the treat life but it may give an idea of expected life in the tires; if i get 50k miles out of it at this price, I’ll a happy camper!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back