2010 Vibe Airbag Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, on Monday evening I finally got a recall letter for the Takata shrapnel airbag. It included this line, bold and underlined: Until the repair is performed, the front passeger seat should NOT be occupied.

I expected a real hassle after reading about this recall over the past few years, but it couldn't have gone more smoothly.

I called on Tuesday morning. The dealership said they had one part left in stock, and scheduled me for Wednesday morning. It took a couple hours longer than expected because they had to chase down another part, but I can now ride with my wife and not fear the airbag inflator exploding. The ticket says they replaced the airbag and a retainer.

I hope everyone else's recall goes this well as the campaign works its way to the end.

A friend and his mom who bought identical Subarus had the recall done. The dealer gave them the option of a rental car which they took. Toyota and Subaru aren't as rocked by this like Honda is. But then again, in Honda's case Takata supplied the airbags as a complete module while Toyota bought Takata inflators for integration into their airbags or dash modules.

Had my recall done on my Scion xB (2008) done two weeks ago. It took them about 1hr to do it, it was quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back