Snowblowers in Northeast will get workout tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am taking older kids downhill skiing 1/2 day if school is cancelled. My wife is hoping school is on to do some cross country skiing by herself in fresh snow.

All gone here. Started in the morning, schools let out at noon. We have 6-8 inches of heavy, wet slushy snow. Power lines and weak tree limbs down. A few came off our full-size (30+ feet) holly trees.

Good for sledding and whatnot. It's a pretty warm storm, at least around here, so if it gets cold, it will be a real icy mess.

Originally Posted By: Donald
I am in New Lebanon NY, about 5 miles from Western MA.

Yes you are not far at all I'm in Hinsdale MA right near Pittsfield.

Filled up the snow thrower with gas for the wife,took her 45 minutes to do the drive with about 8 inches of wet snow,may need a do over with the new snow overnight!

We got 18" of wet, heavy nasty stuff March 1st in the Buffalo area. It took me 1.5hrs to snowblow when it normally takes 20min. It was really tough on the equipment.

Last edited:
My snow blower definitely got a workout last night. We got about a foot of heavy wet stuff. I was outside from 8:00 till 10:30 clearing my driveway, and we lost power just as I was finishing up. Still didn't have power when I left for work this morning, but we may or may not have power now. Wife left the house at 9:20 and we still didn't have power, but my mom, who lives about a half mile away, said she got power back at 9:40.

Heh heh about a 1/2" here about a mile in from the ocean. Already gone, I had to brush the slush off the Fridge when I went out

Originally Posted By: oilmutt
Filled up the snow thrower with gas for the wife,took her 45 minutes to do the drive with about 8 inches of wet snow,may need a do over with the new snow overnight!

How did you get wife to use snowblower??

My Ariens 24" Deluxe made quick work of last Wednesday's ~22" of heavy wet snow, but only after replacing the factory steel skids with $40 nylon ones so it would track straight.

Obligatory oil info: Chevron Delo 5W-40 synthetic

My snow-thrower starts to loose power after running for 15 minutes or so. Most of the time I am able to complete the snow cleaning just within that time. I am not sure what causes it.

I spent the afternoon clearing 4-6" of snow so heavy it turned to slush coming out of the chute. Broke a shear bolt, the belt, and a tension spring. Had a new belt. bolt and spring on hand. I had to lift on the handles to force the bucket to scoop gravel. Had to hit many areas 2X to get clean. Slow but steady progress. 212cc Predator is perfect so far in its 4th season of Ariens abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back