Is a Husqvarna X-Torq engine a rebadge RM Zenoah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Husky owns Redmax, I've heard rumors that the Husky X-Torq engine, often found in the commercial line of Husky products [ie - 525LS, 580BTS, etc] is really just a rebadged Redmax Zenoah engine with a difference carb set up? Can anyone actually confirm this? For the Redmax engines I've heard that if there is a 'z' in the engine code, its a Zenoah engine. Not all Redmax use Zenoah engines, but their HD commercial line does. I own some Husky X-torq engines with the same 'z' in the engine code, so i suspect that it may be a Zenoah engine in Husky clothes. I've also compared some cylinder and piston part #'s between Husky and Redmax and there are a lot of matches, notably the Husky 525 string trimmer and comparable Redmax 25.4cc trimmer.

Anyone else have any more insight into this? Anyone have industry knowledge that confirms this?

World economy. Zenoah makes good engines. If they can make one cheaper than Husky/Poulan can, so be it ...

I've got 30 year old Redmax stuff that has been through a flood and still runs well to this day. Also have real Swedish Husky stuff that does too. It's about the engineering and QC/QA. Not who actually builds stuff anymore ...

30 year old redmax stuff has zero emission controls, thus it runs great
smile.gif
I'm actually thinking that Husky will kill off Redmax some day or ruin the reputation by using cheaper stuff. A lot of people complain about the cold nature of Red Max units, because of EPA regs.

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
World economy. Zenoah makes good engines. If they can make one cheaper than Husky/Poulan can, so be it ...

I've got 30 year old Redmax stuff that has been through a flood and still runs well to this day. Also have real Swedish Husky stuff that does too. It's about the engineering and QC/QA. Not who actually builds stuff anymore ...

I think Husky bought Zenoah for the strato engine technology but the 543xp is just a Zenoah saw with orange paint.

husqvarna bought redmax for their patents on the strato charge design aka xtorq. the 543xp,439,430ls and the t435 are redmax saws/trimmers with orange coloring and different stickers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back