Blackstone UOA Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Are you asking if you can send them an oil sample, that is in some other bottle?

Correct

Per their website, no. As long as it won't leak.. but why not use theirs. They mail the kit to you and prepaid the postage back to them on their dime.

Originally Posted By: Jooksing
Per their website, no. As long as it won't leak.. but why not use theirs. They mail the kit to you and prepaid the postage back to them on their dime.

Is the postage really prepaid? I thought it was added to the bill?

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Is the postage really prepaid? I thought it was added to the bill?

No additional cost. At least they didn't charge me extra on my last one.

I'm not sure if "free" postage is worth it though. Since it was in their packaging and had their name on it, I had to take the extra rubbish from the idiots at the Post Office when I took it in. They're always convinced that it is going to leak and make someone really sick. I told them that it's Blackstone's packaging, and I assume some packaging expert with the Postal Service signed off on it.

When I put it in a small box, and address it to "Blackstone Enterprises"... it makes that visit to the Post Office much more pleasant. They have no idea what it is, and even though it doesn't matter anyway, it makes life much easier.

I use their mailing package and have no problems with the post office and it gets to them in 2-3 days. They don't charge extra for the postage, I'm sure they built it in the UOA fee. Without a TBN the base fee is $28 now. I could have sworn it was $25 when you paid the postage yourself, but that was a while ago. They'll send you two kits at a time.

Whimsey

They went up to 28 before they started paying postage.

They do not add the postage to the UOA fee.

I’ve not had great luck with transit times having had one lost for a month or so... see:

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4545500/Blackstone's_new_postage_paid_#Post4545500

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
They went up to 28 before they started paying postage.

They do not add the postage to the UOA fee.

I’ve not had great luck with transit times having had one lost for a month or so... see:

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4545500/Blackstone's_new_postage_paid_#Post4545500

Thanks for your clarification of the pricing concerning including the postage. Sorry to hear about your transit issues. "Knock on wood" I've been lucky so far with shipping to them. I have another one coming up in spring to send them, hope it goes well as previously.

Whimsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back