Has anyone run this ammo before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have never run anything other than CCI Blazer in my 9s. CCI was out of stock and the gun store gave me this at the same price. There are mix reviews on Reddit and Luckygunner.

I ran the first 50 rounds of this and they seem fine. Hopefully all my guns stay in one piece after this 1000 rounds.

What guns can you Canadians shoot in 9mm? I thought handguns were restricted up there.

Originally Posted By: newbe46

I have never run anything other than CCI Blazer in my 9s. CCI was out of stock and the gun store gave me this at the same price. There are mix reviews on Reddit and Luckygunner.

I ran the first 50 rounds of this and they seem fine. Hopefully all my guns stay in one piece after this 1000 rounds.

I can't even read the print on the box. What is this ammo called?

Can not read it either .

I do not shoot 9 x 19 mm very much . And when I do , I can reload for it .

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
What guns can you Canadians shoot in 9mm? I thought handguns were restricted up there.

Handguns are restricted and some 9mm carbine "may not" be restricted although I might be wrong. The rules are very complicated on a legal level and practical level than the free country south of where I am.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
I can't even read the print on the box. What is this ammo called?

Sorry guys, here is another picture.

A quick Google on Sumbro ammo is disappointing..be careful.
sumbro9mmcase_zpsc6cfef50.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone is interested in this. I have gone over 500 rounds of this I can report back I have not had any malfunctions yet.

However, this ammo leaves a bit of white/grey-ish ash as supposed to a black carbon residue that I mostly see in other 9s I have run.

Another thing I notice is that the brass seems to be a tiny bit smaller in diameter than the CCI Blazer, e.g. if I put a spent casing of the CCI in the chamber I get little to no wiggle room whereas this unknown ammo from the Eastern bloc has quite a bit of wiggle room. I am not sure what this means but this is my findings so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back