Made the wife dry heave by......

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is often not hard to get her to do it if she sees or hears something gross. It makes me crack up.

So I was at the gym and I smelled a funny smell in the men's locker room. I came home and told the wife it smelled like parmesan cheese. She immediately started dry heaving and gagging. I now have two questions :
1. Should this be moved to the food and beverage section?
2. Why did it smell like parmesan cheese?

I'm having spaghetti tonight, with plenty of Parmesan cheese on top.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Military/comments/1eunzx/can_someone_answer_a_burning_question_about/

"In the scene where they are guided through a casualty collection point by a glider pilot the medic played by Giovanni Ribisi asks Pvt. Ryvan (played by Ed Burns) to smell a wounded soldier's wound. He says "Tell me if that leg smells like cheese" Can anyone tell me why he asked if it smelled like cheese?"

The smell of cheese is a sign of infection. The stronger the smell, the more sever the infection.

Like others have said it's a serious infection. At that point it would need to be surgically debrided along with antibiotics. Given the timeframe and their location, he'd probably be looking at amputation or death.

Fun Fact: in WWII the supply of penicillin was low, so they often gave soldiers para-aminohippurate (PAH) along with penicillin. PAH competes for the same transporters in the kidney to clear the body, so by giving PAH it takes up the transporters and lets penicillin circulate longer in the body thereby prolonging its effects. The more you know...

Microbes cause fermentation, of which hydrogen sulphide is a smelly byproduct. Cheese, rotten eggs, unwashed feet all stink thanks to microbe poop.

Originally Posted By: silverrat
What has this board become?

He has had enough of his political threads locked/deleted. I think he just posts stupid silly topics to mess with the board.

25 years ago when my wife realised that the "bacon cooking" smell coming from the back verandah was me burning warts off with a red hot paper clip.

It become a board overflowed with political correctness...

Originally Posted By: Shannow
25 years ago when my wife realised that the "bacon cooking" smell coming from the back verandah was me burning warts off with a red hot paper clip.

Dang Shannow ... won't be making any BLT sandwiches for awhile after reading that.
lol.gif

Yeah, apparently humans are referred to as "Long Pig" in canabalistic cultures...certainly didn't smell like steak or fish.

Originally Posted By: spasm3

He has had enough of his political threads locked/deleted. I think he just posts stupid silly topics to mess with the board.

I have had posts locked and deleted. Mostly do to others who couldn't behave and made them political. Loosen up man, silly and normal life topics can be fun and interesting. Why not add positively to posts instead of being negative?

Lol!

Originally Posted By: ZZman

Lol!

Nah,

I think the big balls event was when he posted those guys live-welding some high-pressure industrial piping...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back