My dog Toby died last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my dogs died last night. Toby was an Australian Cattle Dog that just showed up at our home about 12 years ago and adopted us. I contacted her owner and they said they could not handle her. She was always getting into things. Well, she found the right place with other dogs and acres of wilderness to explore.

We quickly saw that Toby was very active and needed something to to. She made friends with other neighbors and the pack of dogs here at home. She proved to be a gopher killing/eating machine and the neighbors always welcomed her visits.

Toby will be missed. I'm finding it difficult to accept the fact that she is gone. Today is proving to be a difficult day. I'm at lest comforted that we gave here a family/pack to join and find her own way. Many neighbors have been stopping by but I'm going to take my other dogs for a long walk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear. Dogs are such good friends to humans. His retirement may be tough to deal with, but aren't you thankful that he came into your life and made it better? Blessings

Dogs and all pets for that matter become part of the overall family. I have two sibling German Shepherd mixes that we adopted as puppies from the local county shelter. They will be 7 in September, but have been incredibly healthy and show no signs of slowing down. I dread the day we lose them.

Sorry for your loss...I know that it is hard.

sorry to hear
frown.gif

My heart goes out to you. The most emotionally draining days of my life have all been those days that I lost a beloved pet. Sorry for your loss. At least you got those 12 great years with him, and he with you. It sounds like they were good ones for both of you.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Pets have always been an important part of our family as well. Sounds like Toby had great luck finding a great home to live in these last 12 years.

Last edited:
Well "oneeye jack"

The only thing you and I agree upon is it's tough to lose a pet.

Sorry for your loss.

I am very sorry to hear this. Sounds like you are coping well. Taking the other dogs for a long walk is a great idea. Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back