Mahle OX401D made in USA... Any better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to figure out which oil filter I will like the most for my cruze 1.4. I ordered a Mahle OX401D off Amazon already so I have one of them, it's made in the USA though and if memory serves correct the better Mahle filters are always made in Germany? It looks like this might be the oem filter though, but I will need to buy an ac delco to inspect the package contents. My next choice is a tough guard, but don't see anything else that looks good to me.

I just ordered and returned a Mahle OX814DECO. It was made in Bulgaria. It was "OK", but I did not like the looks of it.

Mahle and Mann are the Original Equipment producers & suppliers for Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Bentley, Volvo, Lamborghini etc.

Of all the filter manufacturers, Mann & Mahle are the most trustworthy. (IMO)

Olas, I agree with you that the OEM Mann filters are excellent but they have lost their minds with this Purolator debacle in the USA. I will NEVER use a Mann labeled Purolator.

When I can find a supplier I choose Hengst filters. They've served me very well for years.

Mann+Hummel (excluding the US made products)
Mahle/Knecht
Hengst

This is my go-to list of products.

Totally fine, Mahle has breat quality control and I have never seen a bad filter from an OE manufacturer, even at 20k on some of them.

It might be a reboxed Hengst. I know Hengst is the OE supplier, and that they make their OEM GM filters in the US, and that Hengst uses those end caps and type face. Hengst makes good filters
smile.gif

Mahle doesn't exclusively make their filters in Germany. In fact, many are made in Austria, Romania, and Bulgaria.

If you still want something made in Germany, there is the Mann HU 612/2x

Originally Posted By: Olas
HU612/2X is the cross refernced Mann filter if you want something equivalent to Mahle

Thanks that's what I think I'm going to use after I use the first usa Mahle I already bought.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
It might be a reboxed Hengst. I know Hengst is the OE supplier, and that they make their OEM GM filters in the US, and that Hengst uses those end caps and type face. Hengst makes good filters
smile.gif

Mahle doesn't exclusively make their filters in Germany. In fact, many are made in Austria, Romania, and Bulgaria.

If you still want something made in Germany, there is the Mann HU 612/2x

The Hengst Energetic line was OE and OE service parts in my 2004 Saab 2.0 Ecotec. So they do supply GM US and Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back