STP filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I am not impressed with the basic STP blue can filter I have used there extended capacity black can filter with good results. What is the general opinion of the upper end STP filters? Anyone here use them?

They seem well built but the price point drives me away, when I can buy a Napa Gold or a Fram Ultra for less why buy the STP XL?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
They seem well built but the price point drives me away, when I can't buy a Napa Gold or a Fram Ultra for less why buy the STP XL?

Because you're at AZ and they're a part of a deal with oil.

I have an XL on the truck.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
They seem well built but the price point drives me away, when I can't buy a Napa Gold or a Fram Ultra for less why buy the STP XL?

Because you're at AZ and they're a part of a deal with oil.

I have an XL on the truck.

I can see that however I haven't bought an "oil change deal" in probably a decade from any retailer. For those of us who buy ala carte there are other filters that meet or exceed the STP XL performance at a lower price point.

I have a blue can STP on my Rav4 right now. It was free at AZ. My wife was with me to get oil for her Rav4. I didn't want to get it but she said, There are 350,000 miles on my car. How bad could it be?

I got an STP XL filter once with an AZ oil change bundle. It seemed well made on the outside and didn't cause any start up noises.

Last edited:
I have the China made extended life on now. Been 6 mos, over winter and no problems. Keeping it on for a year. I used to run Purolators. They never made it this long because the use in my 2.2 is side mount and the adbv would fail after 3 to 4 mos. and the engine would rattle. Been using STP's for a while and no problems, so I am trusting this one for whole year.

The STP cartridge filters for 1.8L Toyotas in the local AutoZone look like (Chinese) Frams in the two lower price levels, and Purolator in STP's highest-priced version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back