Oil leak 2012 Chevy Cruze 1.4 turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
You can try, just be prepared to replace both. A lot of times the nipple on the hose breaks off inside of the fitting that is part of the outlet. You may or may not be able to dig it out.

That housing looks like it's got a lot to it,do you know if it's a big job?

I'd drive it down to Campbellsville, KY and see if Alex will do some work on it for you. Two and half hours to get it dialed in will be worth it. Esp if that helps keep it be trouble-free for years to come.

I have an appointment to drop the car off at the dealer next week as part of the agreement when I bought it to repair a hole in the front bumper cover and they said they will look at the coolant leak at the same time.

Originally Posted By: Alex_V

Yes, the automatics don't respond well to poor fluid, which gets that way fairly quick. (30K?) Part of the Cruze's bad reputation and "teething problems" was due to the OLM on the '11 and '12's being calibrated for 10K intervals on syn blend Dexos1 oil which just isn't adequate for a turbocharged engine of that power density. Mine's a '13 so it has the updated OLM calibration, turbo oil feed line, etc., but I got it new and changed the oil at 2K, 6K, and every 5K afterward (mostly on Synpower 5w30, but a little Mobil1 and Schaeffer's) and have had none of the failures the cars are known for. Original battery, water pump, PCV valve, turbo, clutch, etc. Air filters every 40K, plugs every 60K, Seafoam in the tank every 10K, tire rotations every 7,500. If you're doing pure highway driving 7,500 OCI's shouldn't be a problem on a name brand synthetic, but mine has rarely seen a full interval of highway driving so I just keep it @ 5K to keep the numbers round. Also, some people report the 1.4T running best on premium fuel; in mine I can't tell the difference between premium and 89, but the consensus is they run like dukie on regular.

I wonder if there's any software updates for my model? Like OLM recalibration or transmission updates? I checked the VIN for recalls and it has none.

I believe the tune was updated in 2014 or '15 with a few tweaks. I want to say that update cost a little gas mileage but fixed the OLM on older cars and fixed a couple bugs, but I never paid a lot of attention because my '13 was in the sweet spot between the overly optimistic OLM and the downsides of the later update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back