Punks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, so lately my driveway markers (are found yanked out and tossed on the neighbours lawn) quite regularly. Im trying to think about what to do about it. Clearly some punks yank them out and toss them down the street..they are up to prevent my snow removal company from ruining my lawn. Im wondering about putting a greasy substance on them or trying to think of another way to deal with them..my angry side says smear them with grease..and my other side says just remove the poles. I do plan on getting proper cameras and security lights to address this situation down the road.

Last edited:
Another option would be (when the weather allows) to put a motion sensing sprinkler nearby. They are probably about $25 to $30 at most. Of course that does risk spraying some innocent passers by like the mailman etc. The idea of grease is probably a good option. The smell of 75w90 gear oil is not pleasant and does not wash off easily

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
I believe they are fiberglass. Yellow and orange colored poles.

buy rebar plus 2 cans of spray paint of highly visible orange and pure white.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
I believe they are fiberglass. Yellow and orange colored poles.

Pound the fiberglass stakes far into the ground and then bend the fiberglass stake back and forth so it develops a bunch of cracks. It will still stand up straight but when someone goes to remove it they will get a million fiberglass slivers in their hands!

Just remove them....don't bother getting into a game with these punks...

I promise you will lose in these angry times. Easier to fix the grass if you have to.....

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
get an outside camera and see who they are.

Cameras won't solve the problem, trust me.

Had a friend who kept getting his amazon stole from his house. He put cameras up only to have them wave and tear the cameras off anyways..

people just don't care...

Pranks like this were more common decades ago with bored teenage boys. If you retaliate getting them off guard, they will end up doing something worse, like throwing used oil on your driveway, who knows.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Just remove them....don't bother getting into a game with these punks...

I promise you will lose in these angry times. Easier to fix the grass if you have to.....

+1, yes sir. Reminds of when the HOA here spent $3500 to light up the entrance to the development. Which I opposed because in the past the two spotlights would be ripped out in a few days and tossed in a nearby ravine. One guy says we need this so people can see the entrance at night. Even though a street light is right at the entrance.

So the lighting company installs the lights and a few days later they are kicked, ripped out and smashed with rocks. Luckily the lighting company reinstalled some lighting that is more flush with the ground. Well they tampered with those as well. Never ending battle. Thugs. This is in a nice, safe area that is ranked nationally as 27th safest in the country and I forget the state ranking, I think top ten.

I would put up very sensitive motion detectors with the brightest lights you can find. That paired with some security cameras that are hidden well. Good luck!

Dale

You could also buy a one pump BB gun and hide out.
shocked.gif

Punks, yes they are.
But I wasn't the best kid growing up either.
I wish I would of had a Father like Ward Cleaver (Father of, the beav).

First) Take them down for a couple years and reinstall after the punks grow up.

Second) Take a photo in the Fall of your driveway and give it to the plow-guy.
......... This might give him an idea of where the concrete is.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Here's a motion activated deer repellant sprinkler. Fill it up with pee.

Tie a small sack with nuts at night (so the squirrels don't raid it). A skunk may appear....

Do not get between a skunk and his food.

Cement them in the ground.
Or, cement them in a bucket and bury the bucket.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Pranks like this were more common decades ago with bored teenage boys. If you retaliate getting them off guard, they will end up doing something worse, like throwing used oil on your driveway, who knows.

This. My first house next to a high school. You don't want to rock the boat, even if they are doing wrong. Kids from the high school would come and hang out in front of my garage to have a smoke out of sight of the school, and leave their smokes and trash in my driveway. When I tried to ask them nicely to not leave their stuff on my driveway, they started rubbing their cigarettes out on my white garage door and left more trash. Eventually I got video of a girl (?!) doing it, and gave it to the police. Didn't see her again, but I would still occasionally have to remove black streaks from the door, even though the police, principal, and school security officer were kind enough to keep an eye out for kids smoking there after I let them know what was going on.

In hindsight, maybe I should have just quietly picked up the trash.

Yeah, probably just putting them back until they get bored is the most realistic strategy. You have to go to a municipal sign post to get something that isn't easily bent and then you have to remove it.
I'm surprised your fibreglass posts aren't still frozen in? Maybe just drive them in a bit farther in the fall so they stay stuck better until the ground thaws a foot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back