Rust stain removal on concrete?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be pressure washing a driveway tomorrow and it has a few time sized rust spots from fertilizer and probably rebar. I have a 4000psi power washer. Will this do the job or is their something else I can use to take the rust off.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
I have a 4000psi power washer. Will this do the job?

Yes, probably

If it doesn't - try a little bit of VERY diluted muriatic acid after pressure washing it

If it only takes a little bit of acid. I wonder if coca cola would be enough. Just get a 20 oz bottle then pour on the rusty areas and let.ot soak until I get to it with the pressure washer.

I've got some rust stains from moss killer. If the Coca Cola works, let us know.

4000psi will take care of it. My 3200psi cleans rust just fine (with the proper nozzle).

I've used IRON OUT outdoor formula to clean rust stains from concrete as well as composite decking. Works well.

I've cleaned a lot of rust stained patios in my day. A bit of muriatic acid and a good pressure washer worked very well for me.

If you use the muriatic acid, be sure to flush the area with low pressure water either with a pail or a garden hose. You don’t want to stuff splashing all over you when you hit it with a power washer!

I like a few rust and oil stains on my driveway, gives it character. Over time the duo of sun shine and rain will fade the stains naturally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back