Cadillac CTS with Super Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the ad for the 2018 Caddy CTS with Super cruise. It’s here. Hands free cruise control. Lots of limitations; it has to be a freeway with limited access and it has to monitored. Perfect for the west coast guys lighting a Doobie!

Last edited:
I clicked because I thought maybe it could do mach+ without an afterburner.
wink.gif

Now that would really interest me in a new Cadillac!

Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
It’s here. Hands free cruise control. Lots of limitations;

Wow.....crazy!
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: Olas
In the old days we just locked the steering wheel in position with our knees.

Hear, hear! Too many ways the new technology can fail (limitations)...and people don't pay attention already.

Originally Posted By: ammolab
Watch out FLORIDA. Another blue hair missle on the highway, only now...an "unguided" one.

You said it. Although I'm actually more concerned with 30-somethings texting and ignoring the road than someone who is older and driving slower..and probably won't trust it anyway!

Originally Posted By: JLTD
I'm actually more concerned with 30-somethings texting and ignoring the road than someone who is older and driving slower

That IMO is going to be the biggest problem. Now they can chase those things with their phone at 65 mph, I forget what they are called but people walk around mindlessly trying to catch them, falling down open manholes and walking into parked cars, etc.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: JLTD
I'm actually more concerned with 30-somethings texting and ignoring the road than someone who is older and driving slower

That IMO is going to be the biggest problem. Now they can chase those things with their phone at 65 mph, I forget what they are called but people walk around mindlessly trying to catch them, falling down open manholes and walking into parked cars, etc.

I believe you are thinking about Pokemon Go?

Just GM's version of the Tesla Autopilot. I'm sure the naming is more conservative to avoid the liability issues Tesla has run into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back