Springfield Saint AR ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering.
Opinions on THIS gun?
Anything you like better in the MSRP range of $800-$1100....from a manufacturer (not a build).

If you're going to spend $800-1000 on a plain AR buy a Colt. Never mind that Springfield is shady.

Watching YouTube....Hickok45 is big on the Ruger MPR 18" for about $200 cheaper. I don't see many reviews on it.

This isn't the best time to buy an AR. If you can wait a few months the panic should subside and you may save a few hundred bucks.

Originally Posted By: hatt
If you're going to spend $800-1000 on a plain AR buy a Colt. Never mind that Springfield is shady.

Yeah that's what I was going to say. $800-900 will buy you a real Colt 6920 M4, even in NJ.

The Saint training movie looks interesting...

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
This isn't the best time to buy an AR. If you can wait a few months the panic should subside and you may save a few hundred bucks.

AGREED!!

Smith & Wesson M&P series are nice.... see what Palmetto State Arm has for sale

No. Ive owned 40 or 50 of these style rifles. My favorite to this day? The pencil barrel Colt 6720. Once you have it in your hand, you know why. Its super light weight (the Saint, Ruger, and Smith are heavy pigs in comparison)

I cant stress enough how good this gun is. Id buy it first. If you want a wiz bang gun later, then go ahead. But I think you will always appreciate the 6720.

Plus I've seen quite a few reports on the net of the Saint problems. They have only built this style gun for what, 2 years? They are still learning. Colt has been building the AR for almost 60 years! They know what they are doing.

Colt 6720 appears to be about $818 currently. In my opinion, you would be absolutely insane to spend more money on a Saint. Yes, the Saint comes with some nice parts, but you can add those same parts to the Colt in 5 minutes by watching a YouTube video if you are not familiar with the platform.
https://gunprime.com/product/colt-lightweight-tac-carbine-ar6720-5-56-16-lw-black-30rd/

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/AR6720?is_firearms_wikiarms=0

Originally Posted By: MParr
Ever wonder why our military went from Colt to FN for their M4s? Reliability problems in Afghanistan.

Proof? Because they both had contracts at the same time, and both were providing guns as the same exact time. Kind of kills your argument, but if you got proof, lets here it.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Originally Posted By: MParr
Ever wonder why our military went from Colt to FN for their M4s? Reliability problems in Afghanistan.

Proof? Because they both had contracts at the same time, and both were providing guns as the same exact time. Kind of kills your argument, but if you got proof, lets here it.

I have first hand experience that agrees with MParr. In my unit we had a mixture of newer Colt and FN M-16's for the lower ranking soldiers and support people. Everyone agreed the FN's malfunctioned less, seemed more accurate and the uppers and lowers fit together much tighter, even though the rifles were about the same age and round counts.

I own an older Colt 1911 Mark 4, Many of my friends own various Springfield 1911's and I will happily tell you the Springfield 1911's are head and shoulders above my Colt in every regard. The only off putting issue for me about the Springfield's are that they are made in Brazil but assembled and tested here.

I do agree that the Springfield Saint is probably too new to bother with yet. Nevermind the value/price point isn't great.

Lots of good choices, the Ruger MPR is hard to beat. 18” bbl : alum handguard : rifle length gas block. Last I checked around $650.00 + ffl fee etc..

There are still some good deals on some AR out there. www.gunprodeals.com/products/m-p15sport-ii-or-022188866421?ct=t(1_7_181_8_2018)&mc_cid=306b7df70e&mc_eid=04c196904d

That one is under 500 dollars

Originally Posted By: billt460
They ruined that "Saint" by putting that billboard sized logo on the magwell. It looks stupid.

I agree. That is one of my biggest complaints about Springfield as whole. All their guns have such huge logos and roll marks. Ugly, stupid, tacky!

I think the AR market is so saturated that unless you are dropping big money for Noveske, Barret, or Knight's they are all pretty similar. I guess I am lucky, my only Springfield firearm is a M1A SOCOM II so the logo is small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back