Any opinions ? PIRELLI Scorpion Verde All Season 2

Ndx

Hi Guys,

PIRELLI Scorpion Verde All Season 265/50R19 XL

Any opinions on above tire.. replacing Toyo's

I have dedicated winters ... so really 3 seasons only on that

Thx

it would seem thst the verde all season plus would ve a better and newer generation tire across the board.

Is there any reason why you are looking at the non-plus instead of the plus? Is there a price difference?

My lexus rx350 suv was bought cpo with brand new non plus, but i like the tires. They feel responsive solid and smooth even at high speeds. In snow and ice acceptable, but not great. could be improved..The tirerack scores for the plus version makes a big improvement in this category (and all categories) without giving up anything which is why if i were to buy now I'd try the plus.
Pricewise its basically within a few dollars

Last edited:
it looks like they're positiining nonplus just as oem or oem replacements now.
No treadwear warranties or 30day trial on nonplus.

If you're buying for yourself should def. only consider the plus over nonplus

Last edited:
Hi Ray,

Thx, price is about the same:)

How is noise level ? And feedback on bad roads

I will research the difference.

Thx

Last edited:
I drove a mercedes GLC3004 with them on it for a few days in inclimate weather while my sprinter was down. They seemed to ride nice and have good traction in the white stuff. That vehicle was 4matic which helped.

Last edited:
Thx guys ... Seems like plus version is actually significantly cheaper 205 vs 279

The noise is very low, although it could also be my car since i do not have other tirea to compare to.

Pirelli says they added a layer of foam inside the tire that absorbs noise.

The plus should be a dollar or two more than non-plus. Be aware, there are a lot of vehicle labelled nonplus ones with wildly different
prices, but the generic nonplus should be about the same as plus.

I'm happy with my Scorpion Verde on my Durango. They replaced the OE Goodyear Forteras. The Scorpions that replaced the Forteras have a higher load rating and a stiffer sidewall that took some getting used to. Rain traction has been very acceptable and I'm very impressed with how the resist hydroplaning (interstates around here are notorious for holding water.) My winter driving has been acceptable as well but we normally don't get more than 3 inches at a time so I'm not sure how they would do in deeper snow.

The short version is that I am quite satisfied with my set and wouldn't hesitate to buy another. A friend of mine bought a set for his Highlander after hearing me talk about mine. He is satisfied as well.

fyi there is a brand new high performance product line: scorpion zero all season plus. It was just released winter 2017. It also has a plus and nonplus for oem.
There are no reviews because its so new.

I suspect just like the pzero car line, it is softer rubber. So for the higher performance you trade off treadlife, mpg and potentially some comfort and noise. Likely a bit more expensive too.

Last edited:
Back