My wife got herself a new car - 2017 Nissan Rogue

Status
Not open for further replies.
On February 26th, my youngest son totalled my 2004 VW Passat. He hit a city bus on his way home from work. He's fine, nobody injured at all.

The front of the VW was re-arranged, but the airbags did not deploy. Still don't know what the insurance will pay out for the old Passat.

We started shopping for replacement, with the understanding that the 2009 Ford Flex will transition to become the car for the boys to use and my wife would get something newer. She wanted better fuel economy and good rear seat room ( we are all tall people).

We found a good deal on a 2017 Nissan Rogue SV, it has only 1000km (620 miles) on it - was a dealer demo. Nice red paint.

I coached my wife on how to negotiate the deal, and she did a great job all by herself ( I am a buyer for a Automotive parts company, I'm doing negotiations all the time. I wanted her to feel the thrill of getting savings off the dealer price, and I can confirm that she's pretty pleased at her achievement.)

I might have created a monster, but if she takes more control for her own stuff, less for me to do !
grin.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KGMtech
I coached my wife on how to negotiate the deal, and she did a great job all by herself ( I am a buyer for a Automotive parts company, I'm doing negotiations all the time. I wanted her to feel the thrill of getting savings off the dealer price, and I can confirm that she's pretty pleased at her achievement.)

I might have created a monster, but if she takes more control for her own stuff, less for me to do !
grin.gif

Congrats!

^^^ hehehe, wait 'till she negotiate more clothes.....

Now sent her to negotiate close-out winter tires and wheels?

P.S. Glad to hear Junior is safe. I hope he learn the lesson, with driving tired/drowsy (I pulled in front of a gentleman and he very swiftly avoided me).

Yes, good to hear no one was hurt and hopefully the accident situation gets resolved painlessly.

In terms of a wife/mom's negotiating? Nothin' scarier than that! It's their way or NO way. LOL!

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Maybe she will take on the oil changes too?

I think I will be able to work out a trade deal with her on the maintenance aspects
grin.gif

Glad to hear your son (or anyone else) didn't get hurt.

Congrats on the Rogue!
My in laws also have a '17 Rogue (SL) which I've driven numerous times both locally and on some 2-3 hour highway runs. I'm 6 feet tall about 210 lbs and I'm impressed with how comfortable and roomy it is. Also the 2.5L motor seems to have good power for that car. Don't think I'd tow anything with it though.

Be aware of problems with Nissan's CVT however.

Good Luck!

Originally Posted By: KGMtech

grin.gif

Did she do the bitter end negotiation step which is to get up and start to walk out?

[/quote]

Did she do the bitter end negotiation step which is to get up and start to walk out? [/quote]

It was all done from the phone. The dealer was 1.5 hours away in Ajax Ontario. I knew going into the deal that the price was fair, so anything she got was bonus.

I'm glad no one was hurt.
Congrats on the Rogue. Nissan's SV trimline in their vehicles really is the perfect setup IMO. Enough features/options without being too many of the features that one may not even use. Unless of course, you want/need those features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back