New tires: Sumitomo HTR A/S P02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn Minnesota pot holes took out another one of the tires on the Marauder. Erg. Oh well, the Pilot Alpin PA2's that were on the rear had lived a good life, plus I got the for free so no harm no foul.

I went up a size, installed 255/45R18's. Not a lot of extra width, but considerable more sidewall than the 245/40's that were on there. Immediate improvement in ride, and the pair was only $225 with tax, picked up in 30 minutes at my local Tire Rack warehouse. Installed them as soon as I got back to the shop!

Can the Marauder use regular 15/16-inch Crown Vic/Grand Marquis wheels? This will give you access to much higher profile tires that will survive the potholes much easier.

In regard to the Sumitomo P02, I have a very similar tire on my car now, the Falken Ziex ZE950 (Sumitomo is the parent company of Falken). The only difference is slightly different siping. Anyway, the tires are fine. I have about 20k on mine. They are probably good for another 10-20k

Originally Posted By: ram_man
Great grip but they don’t last to long in my experience.

Agree. They lasted 35-40k on my 07 Volvo V70. Otherwise an impressive tire.

Sam

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
You don't have package 402a/traction control?

I thought Marauder's were picky with there tires due to the staggered setup

Only in '04. Mine is an '03 300A, #147 off the line. Very early example.

'03 300B's / all 04's lost:

Front seat map pockets
Dashboard mounted clock (moved to radio)
Remote fuel door release
Automatic E-brake release when put in gear
Rear speaker metal grills on package shelf

I'm glad most people are happy with them. If they last 30k that's fine, the old girl already has 220k. These tires and the Dunlop Sport Signature's up front will easily last till the car is dead.

Last edited:
I have them on the IS (rear) coming from pilot sports. Even downgraded from 255 to 245 they are not yielding in dry and wet performance and are miles ahead on ice and snow. They wearing better too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back