BITOG decision point, which oil next in my Lexus??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will start by saying I'm not certain the correct sub forum to post this in because this is neither a used oil analysis or a maintenance item because I haven't performed it yet. As some of you may be aware I have tried a variety of different oils at different intervals in my 2004 Lexus ES 330. The Lexus will be due for another oil change within a few weeks and I was curious if there are any oil's currently in my stash that people would like to see a used oil analysis on. Here is the list to choose from listed in the first column and the second portion would be the interval I would use that oil for.

MILESYN SXR 5w30 / 5000
Castrol Edge Black Bottle 10w30 / 5000
Castrol Edge Euro 0w40 / 5000 sample perhaps run to 10,000
M1 ESP 0w30 / 5000
M1 EP 10w30 / 10000
M1 15w50 / 5000
Napa Synthetic 5w30 / 5000
Rotella T4 CK-4 10w30 / 5000
Quaker State clear bottle Advanced Synthetic 10w30 / 5000
Picture of QS for reference

I have a few others in the stash but they'll likely be used for customer oil changes or in other vehicles I own.

Yes some of the intervals are short at 5,000 miles and the engine has been proven to be easy on oil and could probably go 10k on almost all of the oils listed but 5k is an easy mark for me as it lines up with the maintenance reminder and tire rotation schedule I'm using as well as even 5/10k intervals on the odometer which is why I'm not likely to switch to a 7500 mile interval.

Curious to see what you guys would like to see run next!

MILESYN SXR 5w30. Been looking at that oil for my truck and Venice. Prices seem reasonable as I don't chase discounts.

Originally Posted By: tc1446
MILESYN SXR 5w30. Been looking at that oil for my truck and Venice. Prices seem reasonable as I don't chase discounts.

You don't have to chase discounts if you're paying attention they just pop up in front of you. Yesterday 2 Jugs of Castrol EDGE extended Performance for $17 dollars a Jug.

My choice /proposal would be either castrol 0w40 or M1 15w50...I am not fan of thin oils...plus you are living on warm Florida
smile.gif

That Quaker Flake might possibly lead to some seeping as in oil that gets out but doesn't hit the ground but other than that, could come with aperformance bonanza or kicker that could be hard to refute

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Napa or not-mentioned Super Tech. Don't waste good. hard-earned money on your 2004. These two oils I mentioned are good protection.

All the oils mentioned I already uave in the garage. All were purchased for $2.00 or less per quart with the exception of the Napa Synthetic which was $2.99. All clearance oils or deep discount sales when purchased.

To others suggesting oils other than the ones in my list you missed the point of my question. The point was to choose an oil I already have in stock and if desired your reason behind why you'd like to see that oil run or a UOA on it.

Originally Posted By: HondaBroMike
That Quaker Flake might possibly lead to some seeping as in oil that gets out but doesn't hit the ground but other than that, could come with aperformance bonanza or kicker that could be hard to refute

The car has been run on synthetic oil the majority of its life I'm not concerned that QS synthetic will mysteriously start any newoil leaks .

Originally Posted By: barkingspider
M1 esp 0w30

This was one of my top considerations for my next run since its a low add pack diesel oil. Id be curious to see how it held up in a gas engine for 5,000 miles.

So Luke....I am doing some research on Milesyn and am curious as to whether you used it or not, and if you got a UOA or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back