Plugs from the 2GR-FSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
They seem ok but are coated with a "ceramic" coating on some of the grounds. Some partially, some fully. I assume 91K on these.
RaLEAJ4.jpg

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Ceramic as in from the factory or something added to the oil?

Have no idea, but the new ones were metal. They have a greyish white coating that is stuck on there.

Originally Posted By: CPB
What brands & octane of fuel are you running?

The 1000 miles I drove it I used a local brand of fuel with 0 ethanol. 91 octane

Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: ford46guy
Do you run fuel additives?

Maybe the PO did?

PO?
prior owner

Actually the plugs look like they are wearing really good for 90,000 miles. They look like double iridium tipped plugs and the gap doesn't look to be worn wide. Did you measure the plug gaps and how do they compare to new plug specs? The coloring on the plugs looks to be from a fuel additive as it's not a build up on the plugs. If you had a real issue, ie oil burning, I would think the plugs would have more of a crusty build up on them. But I defer to Trav who has seen 1,000's of more spark plugs than I'll ever see
grin.gif

Whimsey

Do you run fuel additives?

Maybe the PO did?

PO?
prior owner

Oh okay sorry I cant get around all the different acronyms. Anyway, sure it could but I wouldn't worry about it, to me it looks like fuel additive but that can come from the fuel brand itself and not an indicator of anything wrong, the look good.
I remember Sunoco gas leaving a rust looking deposit on the plugs and people freaked out, it was just an additive they were using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back