Pants sagging by the end of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so here is my problem. This is so annoying and I must look like a weirdo pulling on my pants all the time. I don't get it. I put them on in the morning and they feel okay, but after a short period of time I have to tighten the belt to the next notch and this keeps my pants up, but now they're too tight. I do a lot of bending down and I'm on my feet all day, but it seems like bending down makes my pants sag.

I've noticed over the last couple years the area around and below my belly button has gotten bigger where it used to nice and flat so now it appears that my waistline sags in the front and this is causing the tight pants feeling.

Everything stretches especially cotton!
I have sweaters that seem to grow on me as I am wearing them. The sleeves get longer and start out at the wrist then, go down to my knuckles. And at the waste line, the sweater seem to grow longer as well and it now down to my butt. Don't Cha hate that?

Also, lighten up on the carbs. If you just give up or lessen one thing such as sweets, carbs, beer(
frown.gif
), it may flatten again.

Last edited:
I wonder if the extra pudge around the belly button area is making things worse than in the past.

We need details of your clothing (brand, age, fiber content) as well as a metricized body scan in order to help you.

In the meantime, get suspenders!

It's a disease called "noassatol". Basically, you don't have enough rear end to act as a shelf to hold up your britches... otherwise known as a flat arse. When combined with some extra love around the mid-section, finding a way to maintain proper pants height is nearly impossible. Quite frankly, we generally end up looking like we are wearing a full diaper by lunch time.

I'm most likely in a way worse position than you but between losing weight through a lifestyle change (don't call it a diet as those are temporary) AND working out, I'm trying to do something about it. Hate it, but the best way to rebuild the shelf in the back to hold your pants up is squats. I hadn't done them in nearly 20 years... and they hurt. But I'm starting to see results and I'm gong to keep it up... even if it kills me!!

Originally Posted By: Kruse
Ever hear of this wonderful invention they call....SUSPENDERS?

Fat guys and suspenders = not a good combination. LMAO

Do more squats to make sure you are not losing/haven't lost your glutes.

If you have a flat backside, because it has migrated to your belly, some exercise can reverse that trend.

Originally Posted By: Pike51

HEY NOW!
I am quite clearly a fat guy(5'9", 350lbs 50" waist) and I have stereotypical white boy backside, IE: back w/a crack.
no matter how tight i clench my belt, the pants WILL be around my ankles in about 3 steps.
even if i have to lie down and suck in my gut just to button them.

I wear suspenders every day, not as a fashion statement, but a necessity.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Okay so here is my problem. This is so annoying and I must look like a weirdo pulling on my pants all the time. I don't get it. I put them on in the morning and they feel okay, but after a short period of time I have to tighten the belt to the next notch and this keeps my pants up, but now they're too tight. I do a lot of bending down and I'm on my feet all day, but it seems like bending down makes my pants sag.

It's due to your hot clothes dryer. So as you move around in those clean pants, they begin to loosen again. A perfect example are Fruit Of The Loom / BVD Boxer-Briefs. They get real loose-fitting around the butt / crotch and upper-outer legs by the end of the day.

Originally Posted By: Pike51

My vegan brother is skinny as a rail. He wears suspenders.Been holding off myself. My gut doesn't help the situation.

For me the key is avoiding jeans that are low cut in front. Jeans that actually come up to my waist stay up. If you think about it, going around your waist should be the shortest distance - but jeans makers seem to currently favour a low cut in front design. That makes for a longer belt line. With that longer belt line and the inevitable bit of stretching, by the end of the day they won't stay up unless you tighten your belt.

My Kirkland jeans are by far the worst. I'm generally a Costco fan but I sure don't like their jeans. Banana Republic jeans (of all things) and Levi 505s work well for me.

I don't find a small amount of Spandex to be helpful either, if anything it seems to make the 'falling down' problem worse.

During the course of the day the uper area of the pants absorbs water and as a result they get "ironed" to your body and thus get looser. Over nite, the water evaporates and they get a bit more crinkly and as a result get tighter.

You can try it some day when you can remove them in the afternoon, dry them in in the drier and see for yourself.

Last edited:
The only change I'd make to the proposed experiment is dry them on a no-heat setting. Just ambient air in the dryer.

Heat is another variable that may impact the outcome of the experiment. Try to change only one variable, removing the water without significant temp changes in the garment.

Originally Posted By: Al
During the course of the day the uper area of the pants absorbs water and as a result they get "ironed" to your body and thus get looser. Over nite, the water evaporates and they get a bit more crinkly and as a result get tighter.

You can try it some day when you can remove them in the afternoon, dry them in in the drier and see for yourself.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
The only change I'd make to the proposed experiment is dry them on a no-heat setting. Just ambient air in the dryer.

Heat is another variable that may impact the outcome of the experiment. Try to change only one variable, removing the water without significant temp changes in the garment.
[/quote]
True

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back