2015 Audi RS5......21,000 Miles-$37,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a family friend that's a salesman at Carmax. Cars listed for 41K but says he can sell it to me for 37K.
What you guys think?

Sounds interesting.

Since it's at Carmax, I am guessing it is not CPO. How much would extended warranty from Carmax cost you?

Can you take it to an Audi mechanic for a checkup? Service work is really expensive on those cars. If you're really serious about the car a couple of hundred bucks is a good investment.

Check into the cost of CarMax's extended warranty. You may get a good price on that too as those are massively marked up typically and a car like this a good thing to buy.

Are they reliable and has it been properly maintained? There doesn't need to be more I bought this car and after the first oil change it burns oil, the trans oil is black and the engine is full of sludge posts

The 4.2L V8 is a reliable engine but if it hasn't been taken care of, then it may have issues down the road.

I've considered a couple of Audis but I've never owned one- so I can't really give an informed opinion on this car(I know that makes me a bit of a unicorn on BITOG). That said, I would strongly advise taking the car to a knowledgeable Audi tech for a thorough PPI; it's well worth the cost to ensure that the car is in good shape- and for what it's worth, I recommend the same to potential purchasers of BMWs, Mercedes, and Porsches as well.

BTW, that price seems suspiciously low, even at $41K. What's wrong with it?
smile.gif
Definitely do a PPO.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
BTW, that price seems suspiciously low, even at $41K. What's wrong with it?
smile.gif
Definitely do a PPO.

Maybe it's been at CarMax for a while and now they want to just get rid of it. I'm sure Camry and Accord sell much quicker than an Audi at CarMax.

Thanks for the input, Carmax has agreed to bring the car to the Audi dealership that's about 11 miles away for a full inspection, of course at my expense lol

Ever heard of a $600 inspection lol?

BTW, I drove the car for about 30 minutes....carfax 1 owner vehicle....seems like it was driven by an older person lol.

Great brakes, blistering acceleration.....hopefully it checks out

Originally Posted By: FranklinJL
BTW, I drove the car for about 30 minutes....carfax 1 owner vehicle....seems like it was driven by an older person lol.

My coworker likes his, a 2014 RS5. He had the rear sport differential replaced recently, low mileage 31 KM or 20K miles. If you don't get an extended warranty of some type I would throw some money into a savings account as a "just in case" for replacement/repairs of the higher priced items.

Originally Posted By: FranklinJL

0-60 in under 4.5 seconds and a quarter mile ET in the high twelves; it can legitimately be called fast- good looking as well.

no offense, pls 2x check the year and mileage .. so you are buying a 15 with a lot less miles.. Autocheck reported 4 owners...
https://www.carmax.com/car/15411470
Picture is the same...but different year and miles? Scroll to picture 4 of 23

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
The 4.2L V8 is a reliable engine but if it hasn't been taken care of, then it may have issues down the road.

Like many high performance engines; at that mileage I would not accept anything less than a complete service history.

It's not a high performance engine.
It has been around a long time and is a very reliable motor.

It's cheap for a reason, which is that used Audis are troublesome and extremely expensive to service and at times un-fixable. Case in point, the Audi Allroad Quatro:

So, yeah, that's why Audis don't keep their value. That's why they are leased and as soon as the manufacturer's warranty expires, they are worth peanuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back