Mazda Mobile Start

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking into a 2018 Mazda CX-5. Really like them. Drove a few. Dealer has one coming in, the model, color, packages and add-ons, everything I want. Only thing is it has the Mazda Mobile Start for the remote starter. I would rather have a fob for that.

Any one here with actual experience of it? When I looked up reviews on the google play store on the app, the reviews don't look very good for it.

I use my remote start about 4 times a year. Wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

The Mazda remote start seems to be a issue with users. They are getting error messages for the emergency braking system.

Can the dealer disconnect it?

Nice vehicle...considered getting one.

Hey if you don't want it, don't get it! Order one exactly how you want it....

FYI, it also has cylinder deactivation for the first time in 2018. This is rare for a 4cylinder and has not exactly been trouble free for other manufacturers. Mobile start could be the least of your worries.

Originally Posted By: Danh
FYI, it also has cylinder deactivation for the first time in 2018. This is rare for a 4cylinder and has not exactly been trouble free for other manufacturers. Mobile start could be the least of your worries.

That sounds like a recipe for trouble. So you're now running a lawn mower powered vehicle on the road. How many cylinders does it deactivate? With the complication of the cylinder deactivation system how much fuel are you really saving doing it on a 4 cylinder engine in real life road conditions, not in a controlled lab
21.gif

I talked to a salesman and he said they can add the regular remote start to any of them, I have an apt to go up next Friday, to try a few out. They actually have a couple up their with everything I want, so that will work out.

I like the idea of using the phone to control it all, but after watching a few reviews and reading a lot of reviews, their system just stinks. My friends Ford Fusion phone app is amazing and works flawless and quick. NO reason for Mazda app to be that terrible.

Cylinder deactivation doesn't really scare me, I usually go get a different car every three years or so, shouldn't be a problem for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back