Alignment Needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an alignment done two weeks ago by the dealer after they installed a 2" front leveling kit.

I just installed new 33" tires (up from the stock 32") with 1.5" wheel spacers.

I'll be bringing it by the dealer to have the speedometer recalibrated. Should I have the alignment re-done at that time also?

This is a 2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel Outdoorsman. Thanks in advance!

Sounds like a setup that'll wear the tires odd no matter how well it's set up.
laugh.gif

Shouldnt need one just for new tires or rims. Only issue would be if the spacers throw it off but they shouldnt.

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Drive it and keep track or tire pressures and wear patterns.

So most likely the alignment just done is still fine? Just keep extra attention to wear and if abnormal re-align?

Is the dealer going to charge you for a recheck? Is that why you're asking?

Any outfit that charges for a recheck when the alignment was just done two weeks ago are greedy crooks.

They should be aligning the hub, so it really doesn't matter what wheels and tires you attach.

Originally Posted By: SavagePatch
I had an alignment done two weeks ago by the dealer after they installed a 2" front leveling kit.

I'll be bringing it by the dealer to have the speedometer recalibrated. Should I have the alignment re-done at that time also?

Tires have nothing to do with alignment. An alignment changes the angle of the hubs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mightymousetech
Originally Posted By: SavagePatch

Tires have nothing to do with alignment. An alignment changes the angle of the hubs.

Tire size changes will alter the alignment.
Was the alignment done 2 weeks ago with the same size tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back