Cheap personal checks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys:

I only go through about 10-15 checks a year. I like the 3 to a sheet style that go into a binder (only because I like to keep notes, and it's easier to find in my desk).

Every online place I have looked at are almost $40 for roughly 200 checks.

There has to be something cheaper, or am I just a dinosaur?

Check Sam's Club or Costco for their pricing. The three to a page binder type is under business checks at Sam's. Couldn't get the link from Costco to go to Harlan Clarke to work.

I just got some from Bradford Exchange, they were pretty cheap (didn't get the binder ones, though), probably enough to last the rest of my life, with as few as get written these days (pay a lot online)!

Originally Posted By: Chester11
Hi guys:

I only go through about 10-15 checks a year. I like the 3 to a sheet style that go into a binder (only because I like to keep notes, and it's easier to find in my desk).

Every online place I have looked at are almost $40 for roughly 200 checks.

There has to be something cheaper, or am I just a dinosaur?

$14 and change at my Credit Union for 200 checks.

Last edited:
Walmart has checks with free shipping but after you put in all your info they then announce some malarkey additional charge for handling or whatever.

Is my fly open?

Costs nothing, and can save a lot of embarrassment.

Last edited:
I get checks from Walmart. Many choices. Much cheaper than a bank. For church we get one check per page so we can print them on a laser printed. For personal I just get normal checks in a book (I get the ASPCA logo ones).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Donald
I get checks from Walmart. Many choices. Much cheaper than a bank.

Same here - from Walmart.

Lots of places won't even accept checks..... or they scan it and give it back to you.

Go with the regular type checks (cheap/available)-open a Word or Excel document on your computer a make a note on there.

I use Checks In The Mail,

Got 400 duplicate for around $20,
last time.

Check Retail Me Not for discount codes...

My credit union doesn't provide checks but directs everyone to a source that is like $200 for a single book of checks.

I've resorted to cashiers checks for the 6 times a year I need to write a check

IIRC by law you can write a cheque on a piece of paper as long as it has pertinent info such as: Bank code, routing#

name on account, etc. There exist likely a program somewhere to print your own cheques, maybe in Word or ??

Of find another way to pay. Pay by phone!

I've switched to my Cap One C.C. for most everything to avoid my checking being cleaned out by scammers and hackers - Plus I get rewards points!

Last edited:
Check your junk mail packet for an ad this week. Mine usually includes a flyer for checks with discounts for first-time buyers.

I've ordered from Artistic Checks a few times. Even as a return customer, I paid about $40 for 480 checks last time. Those were regular checks, though. Sheet-style might cost more.

Originally Posted By: Rhymingmechanic
Check your junk mail packet for an ad this week. Mine usually includes a flyer for checks with discounts for first-time buyers.

I've ordered from Artistic Checks a few times. Even as a return customer, I paid about $40 for 480 checks last time. Those were regular checks, though. Sheet-style might cost more.

This. Sunday paper (at least here) generally has several check printers offering introductory pricing.
Order a larger quantity. When they are used up, switch companies. Rinse/repeat.
Better yet, find a bank that includes them in their deal. PNC does for us. Checks are rump ugly, but they are provided at no additional cost.

Originally Posted By: Tdbo
Originally Posted By: Rhymingmechanic

This. Sunday paper (at least here) generally has several check printers offering introductory pricing.
Order a larger quantity. When they are used up, switch companies. Rinse/repeat.
Better yet, find a bank that includes them in their deal. PNC does for us. Checks are rump ugly, but they are provided at no additional cost.

Thanks all - I'll take a look in the paper.

PNC is one of my banks - I called them, and they wanted $11. That is just irritating considering we have our mortgage with them.

This is one of those time in life where I have spent too much time trying to save $20. I think I used Walmart the last time we moved about 5 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back