Purolator P1 14459 10,500 miles cut ooen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening BITOG faithful. Friends 2015 Hyundai Elantra hatchback car with 78,xxx on it. 100%highway driving also. First run was filter and VWB 5w30 for 4,000. Second run lasted til today or 6,500 miles and i put in some VWB 10W30 from my stash. Put a tg 3593A filter on also

Filter made on octiber 10, 2017 Line "D" 1st shift also

car51
Good job and thanks. The filter looks like it held up pretty well. Any shark tooth marks in the ADBV? Do you have a picture of the base?

Originally Posted By: BAJA_05
Looks well built and withstanding for the mileage it endured.

Yeah, kinda makes me wanna run the P1 14476 filter i got with Carquest syn 5w30. Maybe i'll cut that filter open

I use the PureONE/Purolator ONE on my vehicles and cut all of them open after two OCIs. Over the past several years since the Tear-O-lator incident, I have yet to see any of my filters that looked any different than the OP(Car51). They've all looked great.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
I use the PureONE/Purolator ONE on my vehicles and cut all of them open after two OCIs. Over the past several years since the Tear-O-lator incident, I have yet to see any of my filters that looked any different than the OP(Car51). They've all looked great.

Char Baby: very good to hear and glad you are well and still here
smile.gif

Looks good, thanks car51! Maybe it's just me, but it looks like they are using a bit more glue/epoxy on the base, especially near the metal seam closure.

Originally Posted By: MParr
car51
Good job and thanks. The filter looks like it held up pretty well. Any shark tooth marks in the ADBV? Do you have a picture of the base?

Sir: the baseplate pic was too dark on my Galaxy S7 and no cuts in ADBV
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Looks good, Adam-I still have a few older P1s I have to use up, your pix give me confidence they can do it.

Sir: brother and I will C&p the messed up STP E SCRAP filter in 2 weeks. He has 4 "yellow grip" (he calls the older P1's this) filters to use up on his 68' Caddy DeVille convertible and the 07' Yukon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: SubieRubyRoo
Nice work, Adam. Glad to see Puro seems to have gotten their feces together.
[quote=SubieRubyRoo

Yeah, I sure hope so

Car51 - Great outcome for a filter used mostly on highway miles. This would expose the filter to a smaller number of cold starts. Thanks for the informative C&P.

Originally Posted By: car51
Char Baby: very good to hear and glad you are well and still here
smile.gif

Thank you. It's very nice of you to say that!
smile.gif

That looked good. IIRC that generation of Pure One filters was the best from what I've seen and read. When they changed colors to the puke color they started having problems with paint and no slip material on the base plates, and then torn media issues started popping up. Too bad they didn't stick with that generation filter. I'd still be using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back